413 East 120th Street
El Barrio's Operation Fightback, Inc. is seeking a Case Management and Outreach Specialist for immediate hire.
· Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of case management and/or related experience to a low-income population in a community based setting preferred; alternative mix of education and experience will be considered. Experience in a workforce development program highly desired.
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office and online databases
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually in the community and as a team member.
· Bilingual Spanish proficiency preferred.
The duties of the Case Management and Outreach Specialist include:
• Become intimately familiar with all eligibility and suitability guidelines for each of EBOF’s contract programs as well as the services, benefits, and goals of each project;
• Keep informed about the programs and services available to residents of the local community and create person-to-person linkages with representatives of those agencies in order to maximize cross-referral opportunities;
• Conduct outreach and recruitment activities that include, but are not limited to, disseminating information to the community via flyer posting, mailings, facilitating presentations with other community providers and conducting orientation sessions for applicants and referral partners;
• Engage with other program personnel in the development and implementation of recruitment and intake activities, as well as next step facilitation;
• Conduct intake interviews including eligibility review, testing, and orientation;
• Assess customer strengths, weaknesses, interests, aptitudes, employment history and educational/career goals;
• Conduct comprehensive and specialized assessments;
• Develop comprehensive Career Plans;
• Participate in case conferences and reviews;
• Maintain up to date and accurate case files;
• Input data in the designated government database system for customer tracking;
• Provide individual and group counseling;
• Assure customer access to social and supportive services that facilitate educational and employment goals;
• Prepare statistical and narrative reports as requested;
• Follow-up on customer progress during and post program to ensure that goals are being met timely and effectively;
• Perform all other assigned, pertinent tasks, expressed or implied in this job description.
Medical, Vision, PTO, 403(b)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish speaker strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume in pdf format via email to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No calls or faxes.