About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.7 billion lives by 2030.
About the Position
Working under the direction of the Video Director, the senior video producer oversees the creation of daily video content for Global Citizen’s social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram.
The goal of our social video content is to extend Global Citizen’s reach by covering a current event or pop culture moment that intersects with any of our core issues (poverty, health, education, etc.) in a compelling, shareable, honest, and bite-sized way.
The senior video producer manages our team of video interns, who pitch, script, and edit social videos on a daily basis. By assigning stories, revising scripts, and giving feedback on edits, s/he sets the tone of Global Citizen’s daily video content.
The video producer is knowledgeable about the biggest stories that relate to our issues and can generate original ideas for how to translate those stories into engaging Global Citizen videos.
The senior video producer is also responsible for running the video-on-demand (VOD) operation during select Global Citizen events. This involves training and overseeing a small team of editors who cut the broadcast into segments for use on social media during and after the event. Weekend / evening work is occasionally required.
We are a small team of nimble creators, so the senior video producer may also pick up the camera to shoot a profile or interview from time to time.
- Oversee daily production of social videos
- Manage video interns. Assign stories, revise and copy edit scripts, and approve edits
- Channel Global Citizen’s voice and style, creating smart, digestible scripts and videos that drive social media conversation
- Work with Growth Editor to schedule finished videos on social platforms
- Develop and maintain Adobe Premiere Pro templates for daily video formats in consultation with design team
- Work with Growth Editor and Video Director to brainstorm new video formats and adapt to the ever-changing landscape of social content
- Develop and maintain training materials and how-to guides for new interns
- Hire and train new interns
- Organize and maintain social video archive in the cloud and on hard drives
- Occasionally make German or Spanish versions of finished social videos using translations provided by international offices
- Develop and oversee video-on-demand workflow for Global Citizen live events.
- Support the Video Director in various projects as needed
- 3+ years of experience making video content for social media in a digital newsroom or nonprofit setting
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong news judgment and ability to connect the news of the day to our core issues and policy campaigns
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and how to create and package content in a way that will engage our audience
- An eye for stories and formats with viral potential
- Demonstrated experience as a people manager
- A basic understanding of the issues surrounding extreme poverty and the Sustainable Development Goals, specifically gender equality, hunger, water, environment, citizenship, education, and health
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume and portfolio submission.