1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our High School After-School Program Assistant for our after-school and summer program. The ideal candidate is a responsible, organized team player who is interested in facilitating a well-run and welcoming after-school youth program.
Like all DREAM employees, the High School After-School Program Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support logistics of afternoon program: welcome and direct youth as they come to program, answer questions and create supportive environment
- Create weekly newsletters to youth and families through MailChimp;
- Support Program Manager to maintain accurate youth records and assist in the collection of key youth documents;
- Support Program Manager in tracking key milestones and data for college application process
- Lead the prep for events and projects; including the FAFSA Night, College Decision Day, Fall Welcome day
- Track supply orders and site budget;
- Utilize attendance tracking tools and drive efforts to ensure youth attendance goals are satisfied;
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Experience in after-school and/or summer youth program planning and development;
- Willingness to learn and utilize online systems (Apricot, MailChimp);
- Upbeat attitude and willingness to build relationships with high school youth and coworkers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- 10-12 hours per week, Monday-Thursday Aprox. 3:30pm and 6:30pm;
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 consistent days per week.
- $16 per hour
- September 5th 2018
- June 2019
Minimum Education Required