The core work will involve working with our team, as well as local and national partners, on helping Delaware become a global leader in public education. This position will be part of a team advancing policy priorities, organizing coalitions, mobilizing advocates, and coordinating campaigns.
Policy priorities will include education funding and early learning, and may include other high priority areas such as college and career readiness, educator support and development, social emotional learning and whole child development, and student-centered and competency-based learning.
The work will entail coalition building and management, stakeholder engagement, and campaign coordination to advance the organization’s policy priorities. Program Officers represent Rodel externally in state meetings, national convenings, on boards, and in local planning efforts. This position will represent Rodel with policymakers and other advocates.
Critical Success Personal Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
• Passion for education issues
• Skills and nimbleness to manage a diverse group of coalition members and policymakers
• Project / event management skills to ensure goals are met on time
• Attention to detail and timelines to achieve work “behind the scenes” with partners who have other priorities and demands
• Experience with policymaking and political or issue campaigns
• Strategic use of communications and engagement tools to advance policy priorities
• Ability to collaborate and develop relationships with coalition partners and advocates
• Strong communications skills and ability to inform policymakers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify, develop, and execute strategies to engage our partners and key education stakeholders to advance organizational priorities
· Represent Rodel and build external relationships with partners across the state and nationally
· Experience as an effective collaborator with the ability to connect key stakeholders to accomplish organizational objectives
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience in navigating complex relationships across multiple stakeholders with varied interests
· Support the development of policy and advocacy materials
· Coordinate and attend internal legislative strategy meetings– develop agendas contribute to strategy development, and conduct follow ups
· Develop internal project plans and timelines and work in partnership with policy, communications, and event staff to execute plans
· Plan and execute external events, including logistics, materials, agendas, talking points, and participant recruitment
· Support communication development, including support for community organizers and work with individuals to share their voice through communications content (opinions, social media posts, etc)
· Maintain lists of FAQs and requested data points, develop answers with research team
· Update coalition onboarding process and materials
· Track legislator positions and communications by coalition members
· Attend events to bring back key points to inform our goals and strategy
While we are open to candidates with a wide range of academic and work backgrounds as well as learning styles, a Bachelor’s Degree is required for this role. At least 3 experience is required. Preferred skills and experience include: knowledge of Delaware and education policy landscape; experience with advocacy campaigns, political campaigns, or community engagement; and familiarity with Delaware legislative process and stakeholders.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We also provide customized support and professional development to advance your skillset.
Rodel is a supporting organization of the Delaware Community Foundation. We actively leverage co-investment with partners to help create a stronger public education system in Delaware. Through this model, we enable more of our co-investors’ funding to get to the field and through our national networks, we are able to expand the funding coming into the state. For further information on Rodel, please visit us at www.RodelDE.org
The core work will involve working with our team, as well as local and national partners, on helping Delaware become a global leader in public education. This position will be part of a team advancing policy priorities, organizing coalitions…