The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
The Contracts Analyst provides legal and compliance-related support to CHAI country and program teams. The Analyst vets, analyzes, modifies, revises and advises on program, financial, and legal content in CHAI contracts governing program implementation. To improve the internal workflow of the Contracts department, the Analyst implements new and existing procedures and supports the development of intra and inter-departmental tools, policies, reports and more. The Contracts Analyst is expected to quickly learn and adopt Contracts department standards and best practices, including those around the processing and tracking of documents, reviewing contracts, and interacting with CHAI teams.
The Contracts Analyst will report to the Senior Contracts Associate.
- Vet, analyze, modify, revise and approve financial and legal content in CHAI contracts governing program implementation ensuring compliance with CHAI policies, procedures, and grant agreements as well as local laws regarding business registration and independent contractor classification requirements
- With the support of senior members of the department, lead program teams through the contract review process. Advise on use of correct contract types, based on team knowledge and local context.
- Review, analyze and contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the Contracts department and advise on other departments' contracts-related policies for contract implementation. Policies include but are not limited to mandates regarding the prescribed use of the Contracts department templates as well as standard operating procedures for teams to draft contracts, requirements surrounding contract signing, financial operations, and processes around working with the Contracts department to address other legal questions.
- With the support of senior members of the department, conduct trainings and draft training materials (inter-departmental, across headquarters, and with country and program teams) on the department's best practices, standards and procedures
- Work with CHAI's program teams to track and synthesize information related to CHAI's high-level MOUs with governments and ministries of health
- Support ad-hoc projects, including the generation of reports and documents for other headquarters departments as well as for programmatic teams
- Bachelor's degree minimum with strong academic performance
- Impeccable command of English grammar and usage, in both written and oral communications
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience and comfort with financial calculations and budgets
- Familiarity with a wide range of legal document formats
- Logical thinker with an ability to perceive subtleties in language and nuanced sentence structure
- Minute attention to detail and strong organizational ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Highly motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team setting
Minimum Education Required