New York City
Position Title: Economic Empowerment Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Support Services
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. Through our broad array of programs, critical supports and access to essential resources, Footsteps creates a vibrant community that celebrates the triumphs and advocates for the concerns of our members. We have served 1,500 individuals since our founding in 2003 and we have an annual budget of just over $2M annually. To learn more visit www.footstepsorg.org.
Footsteps seeks a dynamic and thoughtful non-profit professional to serve as the organization’s first Economic Empowerment Program Manager. They will be responsible for deepening and broadening resources and programs to empower members in their economic stability and success, with specific focus on job attainment, career development, education and financial security. The program manager will assess members’ needs and determine what services Footsteps is best situated to offer in-house and what should be offered by partner agencies. They will be an integral part of Footsteps’ Support Services Team, working closely with the Director of Support Services and supervising 1-2 staff. This new position is an exciting opportunity for a creative, motivated, and highly organized individual who excels at both one-to-one counseling and program development.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Set annual goals and establish calendar for economic empowerment program, in collaboration with Director of Support Services
- Work closely with clinical team to ensure a comprehensive approach to empowering members’ economic stability and success
- Strengthen monitoring and evaluation systems for economic empowerment programs
- Enhance individual meeting structures for economic empowerment programs and train program associate to conduct one-to-one meetings
- Ensure accurate documentation of interactions with and milestones of members, as well as relationships with colleague organizations
- Work with volunteer coordinator to expand volunteer engagement opportunities which enhance economic empowerment programs and services to members
- Work closely with Director of Support Services and the development team to ensure organizational compliance and accurate reporting on goals for relevant grants
Job and Career Services:
- Deepen and expand partnerships and collaborations with external agencies for referrals related to job, vocational and career services, including Madison Strategies Group
- Manage and explore scaling opportunities for Footsteps Career Fellowship, a cohort-based internship and professional development program
- Meet one-to-one with Footsteps members who are seeking support in the areas of vocational training, job retention and career development
- Manage Footsteps’ scholarship program working closely with the Director of Support Services and scholarship committee to allocate scholarships, which currently total approx. $400,000 annually to over 100 students pursuing higher education; specific areas include recruitment, application, selection, awards and notification processes
- Deepen and expand collaborations and partnerships with referral agencies who work on college readiness and educational advancement
- Meet one-to-one with Footsteps members who are seeking support around educational access – ranging from high school equivalency to advanced degrees
- Expand scholarship resources and oversee recruitment for higher education and certificate programs
- Deepen and expand partnerships and collaborations with external agencies for referrals related to financial counseling, including New York Legal Assistance Group
- Meet one-to-one with Footsteps members who are seeking support in the areas of financial counseling and financial crisis; oversee applications for emergency financial assistance
Competencies and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- A passion for Footsteps’ mission and values
- Working knowledge of NYC social service sector, specifically education and/or job and career services
- Track record for program development, design and evaluation
- Detail-orientated with excellent organizational skills
- A natural connector with strong relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with documentation and tracking of client data in Salesforce and strong working knowledge of Excel, a plus
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate your name and "Economic Empowerment Program Manager" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed immediately and on a rolling basis.
Salary: $50,000-60,000 annualized, commensurate with experience
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Footsteps does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Education Required