1608 Walnut Street
The Development Manager will support ongoing efforts to diversify and grow philanthropic revenue including furthering our individual giving program and writing successful grant applications that procure philanthropic support for innovative programs that serve our community. We are looking for a person with an entrepreneurial spirit, who desires professional growth and the opportunity for increasing responsibility, the courage to attempt new initiatives, and the ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances.
The Manager will work closely with Senior Management in the development of the agency’s strategic goals and support the administration and delivery of development programs, communications and special projects. The Manager will report to SVP Markita Morris-Louis, recently named a Social Mobility Innovator by the Social Innovations Journal.
· Compile information on grant opportunities and develop general guidelines for writing proposals.
· Develop, edit, and present grant proposals to management for approval.
· Develop familiarity with Clarifi’s programmatic offerings; maintain current knowledge of key developments in Clarifi programming as they occur; maintain working knowledge of programmatic priorities and funding opportunities for donors.
· Conduct research for new funding prospects, maintain grant database, and keep track of current sponsors in the media.
· Assist in developing and delivering presentations for funders and other partners.
· Contribute to development of annual report, quarterly highlights, and other communications vehicles.
Board and Development Committee Support
· Assist SVP in liaising with the Board’s Development Committee including working with SVP and Committee Chair to set the agenda and prepare minutes.
· Provide monthly reports to Development Committee and full Board, as necessary, on new prospects, status of submissions, awards and other fundraising matters.
· Work with Chair of Development Committee to follow-up on pledges and gifts from Board members and track receipt of pledged donations.
· Coordinate all activities related to Clarifi’s major fundraising events including annual Spring luncheon and funder recognition events.
· Establish and recruit members for fundraising committees and manage volunteers in execution of events.
Individual Giving and Donor Relations
· Work with SVP to create and execute a strategy for annual solicitation plan.
· Develop and maintain a sustained base of annual individual donors including cultivating relationships with major donors.
· 4-6 years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, development, or in another professional capacity with significant writing and donor cultivation responsibilities.
· Passion for social justice and commitment to low-income communities.
· Bachelor’s degree required (B.A. in English and/or Communications a plus).
· Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with track record of successful grant proposals
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Energetic, fun and interested in working in a fast-paced and collegial environment.
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and simultaneous projects. Strong sense of follow-through, tenacity, forward thinking and project management.
· Strong MS Office, MS Excel, database, and Internet skills. Experience in contact management software, particularly Salesforce ™ Software is a plus. Knowledge and experience using fundraising databases required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter through the website above.