104 St. Mark's Place
George Jackson Academy is looking for a Business Manager and Accountant for a unique private middle school serving academically gifted underprivileged boys in lower Manhattan. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the finances of this privately funded middle school for boys.
- Working directly with the head of school and the Director of Development to manage any special projects
- Including: tracking and coding donations and assisting in grant writing
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and managing the financial planning of the school.
- This would include budget preparation and tracking of actual performance to budget
- Recording of all journal entries and management of the trial balance, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Manage the external audit and be the liaison with the third party auditors.
- Minimum of three years relevant accounting and office management experience
- BBA in accounting or finance is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Quick Books
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect is a discriminator
- Passion to make the world a better place
- References will be required
- The candidate should be hands on
- Experience in a school setting is a plus
The candidate will work in a dynamic environment filled with middle school children and motivated faculty and staff. Applicants must want to help make the world a better place by helping the next generation better themselves. George Jackson Academy is the only independent, non-sectarian, needs-blind upper elementary and middle school for bright boys from low-income families in NYC. The school was created to engage underserved, academically capable boys from 4th to 8th grade, at a time when young men are particularly vulnerable to disengaging from school. George Jackson Academy creates a life-changing experience by challenging its students to grow not only as scholars, but also as friends and brothers in community. No child is denied admission because of an inability to pay. The school is located on 8th street and 1st Avenue in Manhattan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please forward a cover letter and resume to Andre Del Valle, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.