International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust PreK-3 to 8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.
International School of Brooklyn is dedicated to ensuring that our school’s commitment to an inclusive and just world is reflected in all aspects of our school: in our classrooms, school culture, policies, and practices. ISB’s comprehensive commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion requires all staff and faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work, training, and reflection around identity, anti-racism, and anti-bias. All staff and faculty members are expected to promote an inclusive and equitable school community.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and be open to learning about how implicit biases in race, ethnicity, gender identity, and socioeconomic class can shape curricula and pedagogy. Preferred candidates will have experience implementing anti-racist and equitable practices in their teaching and work.
ISB seeks Evening Receptionist and Program Support for the 2021-2022 School Year
The Evening Receptionist and Program Support reports to the Assistant Head of School and works with all constituents – students, parents, and staff - in the International School of Brooklyn community in support of the school’s mission. The general hours are 10:30am-6:30pm. Key
• Handle telephone calls and walk-in inquiries
• Greet and sign-in visitors and provide name tags; contact appropriate staff members to announce guests
• Ensure a welcoming, professional and clean office environment in the reception area
• Assist Daytime Receptionist with the afternoon school bus process
• Serve as ISB administrative liaison for evening community events
Attendance/Administrative Support for School Nurse
• Maintain School Attendance on Veracross and follow up with families on attendance
• Assist School nurse on communications with families with regard to Covid testing
• Assist School nurse on testing days for escorting students for testing
• Maintain after school staff attendance records
• Manage after school student pick-up based in the reception area
• Provide support for Enrichment Program and Alumni Program Director as needed
• Must be available to work evening events as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Head of School
• Support the school, its mission, and leadership
Applying to this position:
Interested candidates should email letters of interest and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust PreK-3 to 8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The…