Summit Public Schools is hiring for a Manager of Regional Operations! This is an excellent opportunity for individuals experienced in school site operations, who have a knack for systems building and processes, and possess outstanding project management skills. Read on to learn more!
Reporting to the Director of Regional Operations, the Manager of Regional Operations (MRO) is a capacity builder that works to equip, enable, and empower Summit schools to operate at the highest levels. The MRO optimizes processes and systems, provides training and ongoing support and professional development to school-based operations staff, and supports school sites with compliance and reporting. The MRO will partner with school sites to ensure that there is a collaborative, creative, and reliable operations partner to support schools’ day-to-day operations and the families and students they serve.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You'll Do:
Processes and Systems Management
- Identify areas where CMO operational support can be improved, including work with systems design, implementation, and management.
- Identify processes and systems (i.e. attendance reporting, lunch reporting, vendor transactions, student enrollment) that can be optimized.
- Support roll-out of new systems and systems updates, including the creation of training documents for stakeholders and workflow documents to improve data integrity and efficiency for users as well as on-site support.
- This includes collaborating with school site teams to facilitate execution; and receiving feedback, collecting data, and iterating on systems to improve impact.
- Develop and maintain communication systems and content to facilitate org-wide ops education and training, including operations staff and school leaders. This includes:
- Researching and developing subject matter expertise and staying up-to-date on ongoing operations rules and regulations.
- Creating training resources that Operations Managers can use to complete daily tasks and support ongoing learning and development; and updating resources to ensure relevancy and currency (i.e. Operations Hub and Operations Playlists).
- Capturing, codifying, and disseminating best operations practices.
- Coordinate information finding whenever Operations Managers have questions about completing tasks.
- Act as a Summit Public Schools expert in attendance, meals, transportation, records, college readiness/registrar, student insurance, site safety, and field trips.
- Oversee completion of operations projects, including the facilitation of project coordination across sites, contribution to weekly operations newsletters, etc.
- Lead weekly check-ins with Operations Managers to ensure compliance, including performing internal audits and reviewing reports/checklists to ensure follow-through and accountability.
- Foster collaboration among Operations Managers and celebrate team successes.
Coaching and Capacity Building
- Collaborate with school leaders to identify growth areas for Operations Managers to be addressed during trainings and check-ins.
- Coach Operations Managers and monitor progress throughout the school year.
- Develop frameworks and tools which facilitate the follow-through of professional development plans by engaging Operations Managers and school leaders in dialogue and goal-setting.
- Support the Director of Regional Operations to plan and prepare for Operations Manager, Office Assistant and Food Server trainings.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 3+ years prior work experience is required.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and visualization and knowledge of database systems is required.
- Extensive project + people management experience is required.
- Proficiency in Google Applications, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs or similar software is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, is highly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- An ability to travel regularly in California and Washington is required.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are process and operations driven and to develop and utilize systems in meaningful ways.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate with a diverse group of operations managers, school leaders, and other stakeholders.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required