450 Lexington Avenue
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a full-time Political Research Associate, located in New York City to conduct political research into 2018 electoral contests. This work includes tracking and monitoring these races for the political department, assisting with memo writing on the state of target races, tracking primary election outcomes, pulling news clips related to electoral races, compiling polling, paid media information and meaningful research for target races, and special projects as assigned for the political department. As the counterweight to the gun lobby, our work is to elect gun safety champions at all levels of government.
You are entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate, with experience in electoral campaigns. We are looking for someone with strong communication and research skills with an attention for detail, as a key responsibility of this position is to generate a daily report that is integral in informing the political team of the most current information to aid in strategy and decision-making. You are a self-starter, collaborative thinker, and standout colleague.
This position reports to the Associate Director of State Initiatives and you’ll be responsible for:
- generating daily report and clip packages on federal, gubernatorial, and attorney general races
- assisting with department-run race reviews
- pulling news clips for Moms and Survivors running for elected office
- tracking primary election outcomes
- assisting with memo writing
- drafting political snapshots for Everytown’s President to aid his travel on behalf of the organization
- Special projects for the political department as needed
You’ll need to have:
- expertise and comfort with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- the ability to thoroughly capture information from a variety of sources and succinctly summarize key points
- Basic understanding of campaign finance reports and ad tracking
- a knack for organizing information that will persuade decision making
- a Bachelor's Degree in political science, communications, or related field
- flexibility to work beyond regular work hours when needed (which can be often)
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required