1501 East Madison Street
TITLE: Engagement Specialist
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (remote hires may be considered; please specify in your cover letter whether you would like to work in Seattle or elsewhere)
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic, fast-growing non-profit organization, is seeking an exceptional Engagement Specialist to support our events, education, and network initiatives. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative, and the Engagement team furthers this mission by producing inspirational experiences and delivering education that transforms and motivates our audience to make lasting change.
The Engagement Team focuses on broad audience engagement via in-person events and conferences, on-demand education, accreditation, partnering with like-minded organizations, organizing and managing volunteers, and developing volunteer cohorts.
The Engagement Specialist will work with the Engagement Team at ILFI to deliver education, events, and network support. The Engagement Specialist will provide planning and support for conferences and events ranging from large, annual events like the Living Future unConference and Living Product Expo to one-off and inaugural events. They will support online, on-demand education, content development and the Living Future Accreditation program. They will work with our network of Living Future Ambassadors, ILFI Collaboratives, and international affiliates. Ultimately, the Engagement Specialist will have the opportunity to specialize in one of these areas (Education, Events, and Network), or choose to remain a generalist. The ideal Engagement Specialist will have some experience in education and events, and be eager to develop more expertise. They will execute well on assigned tasks and be interested in project management.
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission-driven. The successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, electronic and phone interaction. The position requires someone who can effectively manage multiple schedules, deadlines and demands and has the ability to work independently without much supervision. Successful candidates will be able to travel up to 20% of the time, have a valid driver’s license, the ability to up to lift 40 pounds unaided, and can stand/walk for extended periods of time at our events.
Though this role will support Events, Education, and Network (all elements of the Engagement team), this role will be predominately working on the Events portion of the team scope, with most day-to-day tasks managed by the Events Director.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Coordinate event program logistics including workshops and tours, speakers, venues, catering and lodging for annual ILFI flagship events including Living Future, Living Product Expo and Net Positive Symposia.
- Coordinate Project Report for each event, including packing lists, rooming lists, carpools and staff schedules.
- Coordinate trade show and build relationships with participants.
- Oversee registration from opening to on-site.
- Update and maintain Aventri registration system and Salesforce CRM as needed.
- Answer customer inquiries as the “voice” of the organization via phone, email and in-person.
- Liaise with local host committees to facilitate shoulder events, after parties and tours.
- Coordinate event mailings and electronic communications, blog posts, and newsletters in conjunction with communications team.
- Coordinate and proof signage, conference program, mobile app, run of show decks and other graphic needs.
- Coordinate and vet volunteers to assist with on-site tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison to A/V staff and operate slides at tech table.
- 3-5 years of professional experience coordinating events, workshops, and conferences.
- Proven organizational skills and project coordination experience.
- Affinity for technology with the ability to readily learn new software applications.
- Comfort and flexibility with changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships through a collaborative and motivating working style.
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines and strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of marketing, sales and communications best practices.
- A commitment to sustainability and an appetite to learn more about the rapidly growing and evolving sustainability community.
- Knowledge of green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the environmental health, and economic benefits of green building.
- Experience with platforms such as Salesforce, Aventri (eTouches), , PowerPoint, Eventbrite, Paypal, WordPress, MailChimp, InDesign.
- Mac-based hardware and software familiarity.
- LFA or LEED accreditation.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
Minimum Education Required