Position Description: The Deputy Director of Development is a full-time position responsible for managing and implementing development processes that will help IW achieve its fundraising goals. They will report to and work closely with the Director of Development and Community Relations (DOD) on the overall strategy for the department including: the annual fundraising plan, calendar of activities, event planning, and cultivation and engagement of the corporate and faith based communities. The Deputy Director of Development has supervisory responsibilities for day-to-day operations of the Development Department and is responsible for overseeing IW’s team of three Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinators.
Development Planning and Communications
- Support the DOD and CEO in the drafting and execution of the annual development/fundraising plan.
- Support the development and implementation of strategies to build a diverse base of contributors, major donors, faith communities and corporate partners.
- Work collaboratively and creatively across departments to identify and implement ways to enhance the interest of existing funding sources and engage prospective funding sources.
- Support the DOD in the planning and execution of Interfaith Works’ events including, but not limited to, IW’s Annual Congregation Meeting and the IW Caring Breakfast.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of marketing and promotional materials, postings on social media and organizational newsletters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Development Office Management
- Supervise team, including the Communications Manager and Development Assistant.
- Manage the implementation of a new donor database.
- Oversee the work of lW’s Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinators ensuring collaboration throughout lW programs, accuracy of record keeping, and effective scheduling of volunteer and donor visits to program locations when development is cultivating donor relationships.
- Design, implement and manage coordinated in-kind reporting and acknowledgement procedures.
- Manage tours of lW facilities for supporters, potential donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Collaborate with leadership to initiate and steward partnerships with congregations, government and agency officials, and community partners.
- Support the DOD and CEO in stewardship and execution of a high-quality donor experience.
- Represent lW at events held by community partners including corporations and community/faith-based groups and make presentations as appropriate to engage new supporters and deepen relationships with current community partners.
- Solicit in-kind donations.
- Solicit sponsorships for lW events, working with IW Communications Manager to develop collateral and strategic outreach strategies and with the Development Assistant on event logistics and tracking.
- Develop, manage, and oversee donor appreciation events.
- Work with Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator to help manage and expand the Help the Homeless walks and events.
- Oversee lW’s Holiday Giving programs.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in events planning, nonprofit administration or similar work required.
- Familiarity with donor database management required, knowledge of Abila Fundraising 50 and Bloomerang preferred.
- Excellent phone, email and interpersonal skills, demonstrating respect and compassion with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
- Flexible schedule, evening and weekend hours occasionally required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in developing and cultivating individual gifts; familiarity with local philanthropic community is a plus.
- Ability to execute face to face solicitations in support of IW’s mission.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple program directors and their staff to achieve development goals.
- Dedication to lW’s Core Values and its commitment to Cultural Awareness and Racial Equity.
Interfaith Works is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply.