637 Washington St.
Start date/Hours: ASAP - June 30; 10am-6pm Monday - Friday (plus occasional evening/weekend games)
Description: The Wellness Director is responsible for leading and implementing Codman’s innovative Wellness program in grades K1-12, including all athletic and nutrition activities. The Wellness Director also manages all external partnerships and relationships to secure facilities and personnel to execute our program offerings.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement middle school Physical Education program
- Hire and manage coaches for all sports teams; provide regular supervision, support, and evaluation
- Organize training/orientation for all outside contractors regarding Codman’s policies and procedures
- Proactively organize each season schedule; develop course listings and oversee registration process
- Develop varsity competition schedule for each season in collaboration with MCSAO Athletic Directors
- Coordinate facilities for all athletic practices and games
- Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and materials
- Secure officials for all home competitions and coordinate transportation for all away competitions
- Ensure that all students pass Swimming graduation requirement
- Enforce an academic/athletic code of conduct which is consistent with the goals of the school
- Develop and implement curriculum for 9th grade Nutrition class
- Ensure that all students pass Nutrition Competency Exam graduation requirement
- Collect height, weight, and BMI data for all students annually
- Analyze data and meet with students/parents regarding students in the obese category
- Serve as Faculty Advisor for student-led Nutrition Action Club
- Promote and enforce Codman’s Junk Food Free policy throughout the Codman community
- Represent Codman Academy in the Massachusetts Charter School Athletic Organization (MCSAO)
- Serve as the chair of the CACPS/CSHC joint Wellness Council
- Serve as point person for CACPS/YMCA partnership
- Negotiate annual contract
- Serve as on-site supervisor for daily YMCA classes
- Manage relationship with YMCA staff
Community Engagement and Stewardship
- We are crew, not passengers, and we uphold that ideal as we support each other in reaching our shared goals.
- Every adult in our community is a teacher and a role model, and we model and implement Expeditionary Learning design principles and core practices to the best of our ability in our roles.
- Advance the educational mission of the school by participating in duties and responsibilities consistent with building, upholding and promoting a strong Codman community.
- We actively value and solicit feedback in order to improve performance.
Minimum Education Required