Part Time Contract
1111 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn, and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work stands on three pillars: transforming hiring practices, expanding learning pathways, and pioneering talent financing. We build partnerships with employers, community organizations, civic leadership and job seekers to create pathways to meaningful jobs and fulfilling careers.
About the Role:
The Salesforce Consultant will be a Salesforce expert, with proven experience designing scalable frameworks and processes for managing and organizing information across multiple teams, and will have impeccable communication and organizational skills to accurately, effectively, and efficiently assess and fulfill the data needs of the organization.
This is a part-time (maximum 30 hours/week) contract role for at least 3-5 months. This is not a remote position.
Phase 1 (month 1):
- Conduct thorough needs assessment across the organization.
- Engage internal stakeholders and elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, use cases and workflow analysis.
- Address “quick fixes” in real time, which may involve implementing new configurations, trainings, policies, or processes.
- Develop recommendations of policies, processes, and configurations of the Salesforce platform to address identified barriers to knowledge management, and enhance effective information sharing and access across the organization.
Phase 2 (months 2-4):
- Implement all policies, processes, and configurations necessary for effective information sharing, access, and use for strategic decision-making, project management, and progress monitoring.
- Develop and deliver training, communications, and tutorials to train and provide administrative support to the organization on procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Deliver training and ongoing support on how to maximize tool functionality to drive end-user adoption by internal team.
Phase 3 (months 5+)
- Ensure policies, processes and configurations are meeting the organization’s current needs.
- Test the robustness of the systems put in place and the ability of staff skills to meet changing needs going forward.
- Experience in process planning, designing and implementing knowledge management processes with successful adoption.
- Able to work effectively with senior management, cross-functional teams, internal customers, external partners and vendors, with a demonstrated track record of helping stakeholders drive toward consensus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, proactively identifying and implementing improvements and building new processes and practices when necessary.
- Structured problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information into simple and engaging terms with a non-expert audience in mind.
- Working knowledge of other tools and their integration with Salesforce, including Intercom and G Suite.
You should also have:
Passion for our mission: You care deeply about workforce, social/economic justice and inclusive training/hiring related issues.
People-centered approach: You enjoy engaging with people and have a talent for building and managing strong relationships that achieve outcomes. You are comfortable working in teams and can build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter in PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please include an answer to the following: Why do you believe you would be a good fit for this role in our organization (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities)?
Subject Line should read “Salesforce Consultant”. We will only review complete applications!
You may also mail your application to:
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 1180
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: Senior Vice President
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
<blockquote>Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.</blockquote>