520 Gates Avenue
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $50 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
We are seeking a Per Diem Social Services Aide to join our growing team. This position is responsible for overall maintenance and cleanliness of facility and trainee rooms. This position will be working out of the Gates Avenue location in Brooklyn, NY.
The schedule for this Per Diem position is 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
· Facility inspection and cleanliness of facility and outside areas.
· Inspect trainee rooms daily.
· Coordinate and oversee rubbish and snow removal.
· Evaluate and document required maintenance and preventive maintenance needs for facility and trainee rooms.
· Make requests to Warehouse Manager for supplies and equipment necessary to maintain and clean the facility, bathroom, grounds and trainee rooms.
· Supervise and train in-house facility cleaning and laundry crews in proper work performance and behavior.
· Will provide program orientation for new trainees, assignment of rooms and supplies.
· Assign in-house job functions in conjunction with Director of Facility Operations.
· Report any infraction or behavioral problems to the Associate Facility Director or Facility Director.
· Complete Incidents Reports in the CARES data base.
· Perform applicable duties as assigned.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs; physically manage stored client belongings, including disposal.
· Experience working in the human services, preferably with Criminal Justice, Chemically Dependent, Formerly Incarcerated and/or Homeless populations preferred.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, email, comfortability with navigating web based programs, data bases and entering Incident Reports.
· Certifications in CPR/First Aid, F80/Fire Safety & Alarm Systems (Homeless Shelter) and Naloxone preferred. Candidates who do not possess the aforementioned certifications must make themselves available for training and certifications.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
The Doe Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&jobId=255555&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001