Details: Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities
We're seeking a results-oriented and social justice-minded leader with program, performance, and team management experience to lead our Oklahoma City office -- one of our 18 offices across the country -- and implement CEO’s proven program model there. The County Director will provide the leadership needed to continue growing the Oklahoma City program, ensure its sustainability, and support CEO program participants in successfully transitioning from incarceration to stable and productive lives.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Increasing the number of paying social enterprise customers that allow our participants to gain income and work experience while working to secure stable employment;
- Supervising, leading, and supporting a diverse, high-performing local team to serve participants and achieve our program outcomes (including life skills graduation, successful placement of participants in transitional employment, full-time job placement, and long term job retention) through disciplined data analysis, coaching, and training and development;
- Collaboratively developing and executing CEO's fund development strategy in Oklahoma City, identifying philanthropic, government, and private funding prospects;
- Growing CEO's presence in the workforce development and criminal justice communities within Oklahoma City, cultivating relationships with local parole and probation bureaus, district attorney offices, and other program referral sources;
- Developing strong partnerships with local organizations that offer supports for our participants including benefits access, financial literacy, housing counseling, substance abuse, and career advancement;
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the office’s administrative functions, supported by our central team headquartered in New York City
Who You Are
You are deeply dedicated to social justice and perhaps are already working in the re-entry field. You come to CEO with 5+ years of leadership and program management experience in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment. You have a working knowledge of Oklahoma City and its criminal justice and workforce development systems. You understand the importance of performance based goals and have experience catalyzing a team to reach these. Your attention to detail allows you to juggle multiple projects at one time. You thrive in ambiguity and want to play a key role in the growth of an organization. You know how to build, manage, and develop a diverse team. You have experience engaging and persuading a diverse array of stakeholders. You are comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce. You have the highest level of personal integrity and are personally and professionally committed to excellence and having deep impact on our participants’ lives.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application, including a resume and cover letter, at the link above. Please use Google Chrome if you experience difficulty accessing the application.