28 W. 23rd st
Girls Who Code has a highly evidence-based culture that is dedicated to the thoughtful application of data to inform practice. The Data Analyst initiates the collection, management, and analysis of data from our customized web-based learning management system (HQ) as well as our company website https://girlswhocode.com/. This role is responsible for supporting the timely and efficient dissemination of data to staff across the organization to inform and support ongoing product and program improvement through data insights.
Suitable candidates will be expected to be proficient with the various systems used by the organization to obtain, track, and analyze product data, including Google Analytics, AWS, SQL, SalesForce, and Tableau/Power BI. The management and use of these systems to inform organizational understanding of product usage and program quality will be a key aspect of the Data Analyst’s role.
Ideally, the Data Analyst will possess a strong interest in data and analytics and have aspirations to develop their skills in this area. S/he will work on the GWC Product Team under the direction of the Product manager. The Data Analyst will also collaborate closely with the research team to assure her/his success in this role.
- Become the focal point for all product-related data generated from our customized web-based learning management system, company website, project gallery, and any other GWC products
- Lead the collection and management of all product data and ensure data is readily available across the organization and illustrates current product usage and quality
- Initiate data gathering through event tracking, user interviews, and quarterly polls
- Utilize business intelligence tools (i.e, Google Analytics, Power BI) to develop and maintain reports and dashboards that display results in real-time
- Communicate results and recommendations to different stakeholders across the organization
- Research and recommend on-going product improvements using data-driven insights, evaluate performance of specific features, and present recommendations to the Product Manager
- Support the development and refinement of data collection instruments and practices to ensure the data collected are high-quality, applicable, and consistent
- Support the development of AWS as HQ’s database, which will entail the cleaning, merging and manipulation of data from previous years
- Continuously identify data gaps and propose solutions to ensure efficient data collection, manipulation, storage, and usage
- Collaborate with the System Operations team to ensure that data is reportable, easily handled, and well-documented, identifying data inconsistencies and cleaning data when needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical field such as Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science or similar field
- 2-4 years prior experience with product evaluation, business intelligence, data management, and/or analytics
- Expertise with data manipulation and analysis using multiple compatible and non-compatible systems (e.g., Salesforce, Advanced Excel, AWS or similar data warehousing solutions)
- Experience with big data, relational databases, and data manipulation methods including making recommendations to improve data structure and usability
- Experience in product evaluation and research
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Thrives in dynamic environment; able to work effectively to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Desire to learn and grow as part of a small organization; standout teammate with a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, and/or education preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, positivity and confidence
- Authentic passion for Girls Who Code’s mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.
Minimum Education Required