290 Summer Street
Position Summary/ Objective
This is a positive, energetic and enthusiastic Direct Marketer who is flexible and nimble and can manage the successful execution of multiple projects at one time. This self-motivated person must love a fast-paced and complex environment and must be able to work independently as well as part of a high-achieving team. This person will have a proven track record of prior direct marketing excellence in a non-profit setting along with third party management experience.
This position will provide Direct Marketing project management and execution support to the Director, New Donor Engagement to achieve the overall new donor fundraising goals for each of IFAW’s markets. This role will be instrumental in transforming IFAW’s acquisition to a growth model. This person will participate in attracting new supporters to IFAW through all mass media channels to all donor demographics.
- Provide daily project management, decision making and assistance to the Director, New Donor Engagement and team.
- Manage the daily execution of all direct marketing/fundraising campaigns assigned to this role for new donor acquisition, as well as reactivated donor efforts, in a timely and accurate manner. Provide project management skills to the execution of IFAW’s global Acquisition and Reactivation strategy in 8 international markets, which includes, but not limited to: direct mailings, face to face campaigns, telemarketing campaigns, direct response television, print campaigns, text and online campaigns. Ensure that all briefings, copy and instructions are executed in a timely manner to achieve critical campaign dates.
- Provide daily management of external vendors contracted to assist with execution of the acquisition strategy to ensure all campaigns are on track, implementing any changes where necessary.
- Manage the technical coding for campaign creation and analysis for all Acquisition campaigns. Manage the internal discussions and data flows to ensure that income and supporter histories are recorded appropriately.
- Independently analyze results and trends and make recommendations to Director, New Donor Engagement for tactical and/or strategic adjustments to improve results and efficiencies.
- Monitor the Acquisition & Reactivation expense budget while reporting on a monthly basis of any changes and/or deviations. Assist with monthly financial and results forecasting.
- Create briefings for vendors and/or internal staff and offices for all relevant fundraising campaigns. Provide creative input where applicable and make recommendations for changes to improve on costs.
- Manage internal, international office, communications regarding any supporter complaints or queries. Act as a liaison between IFAW and the vendors. Utilizing project management skills, devise a suitable tracking process and manage its implementation.
- Provide project management skills to track information to and from vendors: data files, file samples, costs, invoices, final results. Proactively seek to resolve missing files, samples or data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage worldwide inventory of ancillary collateral material. Monitor and manage stock levels, reprinting when necessary. Develop ancillary product inventory printing and process for new channels as they emerge.
- Develop new acquisition marketing collateral for Face to Face vendors, using the developed proposition and key brand messages. Provide necessary information to outside vendors, creative services, production and the digital team to execute the agreed upon strategy. Continuously review to ensure this information is fresh, on brand and successful.
- Manage Face to Face donor complaint process in partnership with Supporter Development team and multiple vendors.
- Proof read and edit design and copy on printed components, assuring that all mailings are error-free and country specific.
- Manage collateral communication streams where necessary and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Three to five years of direct marketing, project management experience, and/or fundraising experience.
- Ability to work on multiple jobs at one time, with enormous time constraint pressure, to meet absolute deadlines of multi-channel campaigns for eight countries involving four languages, on a routine basis.
- International experience preferred.
- A very sharp, highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word, or similar spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Ability to manage projects through outside vendors and internal staff.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an integrated, diverse, team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Second language a plus.
- A BS degree, preferably in marketing, business or a related field, is preferred.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter at https://www.ifaw.org/united-states/about-ifaw/employment