Fundraising Database Liaison/ Production Manager [DEVF-104]
- Job posted by American Civil Liberties Union
Fundraising Database Liaison/ Production Manager [DEVF-104]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Development Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than one million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU seeks applications for a full-time position of Database Liaison and Production Manager. The position is based in New York City.
The Database Liaison and Production Manager is a seasoned project manager familiar with non-profit direct marketing who will assist with the management of data and schedules for department-wide Development initiatives. The role will provide overall expertise in the ACLU fundraising NGOC fundraising database, ACLU 360, as well as the RoundData data warehouse and other ancillary data sources. This includes understanding the overlapping outreach, constituencies, and timeline of each direct marketing program in order to provide coordination of mail plans and segmentation. The Fundraising Database Liaison and Production Manager will report to the Deputy Director of Membership in the Annual Fund unit of the Development Department but will also work closely with the Mid and Major Gifts Department as well as Gift Planning.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track schedules and facilitate coordination of data requests and outputs across all units of the Development Department and major vendors
- In consultation with each unit, set and communicate priorities for data requests and help resolve scheduling conflicts
- Work within Development, and with data and direct marketing vendors to establish best meeting structure to address production needs, including but not limited to data output and delivery
- Develop and distribute data output calendar to be shared across all units, and with major vendors
- Assist in the review of mail plans and data requests to ensure consistent audience definitions across units
- Serve as point person to track deadlines and deliverables with vendors , facilitate process for answering questions regarding data needs
- Develop in-depth knowledge of direct marketing fields and functionality in ACLU 360 and RoundData; serve a resource for fundraising staff
- Liaise with Development Operations to stay abreast of gift processing and donor services schedules to ensure timeliness of data for marketing efforts
- Facilitate and monitor production process for Annual Fund direct marketing programs (both online and offline) and work with staff to ensure all delivery dates are being met
- Work cross-departmentally to facilitate data sharing, data hygiene and consistency, and data management processes
- Serve as liaison with internal ACLU and external analytics teams
- Facilitate and/or conduct review/sign off of technical specifications for updating existing business processes and building new business processes in the ACLU 360 environment, including roundData shared processes
- Oversee application and acknowledgment of Combined Federal Campaign and other workplace giving through America’s Charities
- Facilitate and/or perform Quality Assurance testing on updated or new business processes and sign off before final deployment
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years non-profit experience highly desirable, preferably in direct marketing
- Experience with all aspects of donor data management
- Experience identifying, segmenting and tracking audiences
- Familiarity with Salesforce and NGO Connect preferred
- Proven success at project management
- Proficiency with basic SQL querying skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to set and communicate priorities
- Experience with third party giving highly desirable, including income tracking and reporting, acknowledgment, and application process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work productively and proactively in a high volume, fast paced and detail oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently, and as part of a team
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to: email@example.com. Reference [DEVF-104] in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, record of arrest or conviction, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this address that is not related to accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”
Minimum Education Required