The Emerald Necklace Conservancy is seeking qualified applicants for a temporary position to lead, teach, and inspire crew members in our summer youth employment program. The Green Team is a unique and exciting program that employs young adults and combines work in the fields of conservation, gardening and park maintenance; with environmental education, nature connection, and outdoor adventure activities. Each crew leader is responsible for creating a rewarding, safe and productive experience for the ten crew members between the ages of 15-18.
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy brings people together to renew, enliven and advocate for the Emerald Necklace parks system. Our programs are dedicated to park rehabilitation and maintenance, environmental education, nature connection, constituency-building and park advocacy. Focusing its work in the Emerald Necklace parks designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the Conservancy collaborates with the City of Boston, the Town of Brookline, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the many park partners committed to keeping our parks healthy and accessible for all. To learn more about the Conservancy, please visit our website, emeraldnecklace.org.
· Lead, manage and support a crew of ten youth crew members
· Supervise training on tool use and safety
· Ensure successful and timely completion of work projects
· Promote leadership development within the team
· Lead team-building activities and energizer games
· Manage physical and emotional well-being of crew
· Participate in outdoor adventure days and the camping overnight
· Co-plan and facilitate camping overnight
· Oversee crew operations by managing the quality and technique of work performed
· Convey important logistical information (daily meeting times and locations) and
manage crew timesheets
· Report to and maintain close contact with the Program Assistant and Director of Education
· 1 year of experience and success in leading and or teaching young people ages 15-18
· 21 years of age or older
· Enjoy working outside
· Driver’s license in good standing; must be comfortable with driving a 12 and of 15 passenger van
· Must possess valid First Aid and CPR Certification before the start of the program
· Clear CORI/SORI record
· 2 years of experience and success in leading and or teaching young people ages 15-18 experience
· 1 year of experience working in an outdoor leadership role
· Experience with land care (plant bed maintenance, invasive plant removal)
· College degree in Education, Outdoor Leadership, Human Development, Forestry, Conservation, Environmental Studies, Environmental Education, Nature Connection, Environmental Science, and related fields
· Pre-program training: Monday-Friday, June 15-26
· There will be no work the week of July 4 (June 29-July 3) Note: this time is unpaid.
· Program will begin on Monday July 6 and run through August 14.
· Mondays 9:00 am-1:30 pm (Planning time for week)
· Tuesday-Friday 8:45 am – 4:30 pm
· 32-35 hours of work a week
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, with an institutional commitment to employ a diverse workforce. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 21, 2020.
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy is seeking qualified applicants for a temporary position to lead, teach, and inspire crew members in our summer youth employment program. The Green Team is a unique and exciting program that employs young…