Fund Development Consultant / Grant Writer - Healthcare
- Job posted by Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients (CHAMP)
Details: Commensurate with experience
Two related nonprofit organizations, Miles for Migraine and CHAMP (Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients), are looking for a strategic fundraising consultant / grant writer to help each organization identify and secure new foundation funding.
The first phase of this project is expected to last 1-2 months and will involve the Fund Development Consultant / Grant Writer assessing the landscape of foundations that could be potential funders of the programs of MFM and CHAMP. The second phase of the project (contingent on identifying suitable targets during Phase 1) will involve drafting and submitting grant applications and reports on behalf of both MFM and CHAMP.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Phase 1 (Expected duration: 1-2 months)
· Conduct research to identify potential new sources of foundation funding
· Prepare detailed report and strategic recommendations on foundation prospects for both MFM and CHAMP
Phase 2 (Expected duration: ongoing)
· Communicate with each organization’s director to gather applicable program and organizational information to write and submit proposals
· Prepare and process grant applications, correspondence and reports for foundations and corporate funders for both MFM and CHAMP
· Maintain and update calendars for grant applications and reports
· Respond to foundation inquiries in consultation with directors of each organization
Ideal Candidates Will:
· Have a minimum of 3 years experience prospecting foundations, grant writing and reporting, with a proven track record of raising money from foundations;
· Have experience identifying foundation prospects and preparing grants to foundations in at least one of the following sectors: healthcare, healthcare access, patient advocacy, anti-stigma and public disease awareness;
· Write excellent, persuasive prose that is both concise and precise;
· Understand budgets and be able to create compelling narratives based on each organization’s financial data;
· Take ownership of entire projects and demonstrate initiative to ensure a high-quality final product;
· Be organized, timely, and detail-oriented;
· Be passionate about the missions of our organizations, especially if you or a loved one has experience with headache, migraine or cluster diseases.
CHAMP’s mission is to provide support to people with headache, migraine and cluster diseases who are often stigmatized and under-served. CHAMP is a coalition that brings together organizations and leaders in this disease area to enhance communication, coordination and collaboration to more effectively help people wherever they are on their patient journey.
About Miles for Migraine
The mission of Miles for Migraine is to silence migraine stigma by creating patient-participatory events. Miles for Migraine improves the lives of migraine patients and their families, raises public awareness about headache disorders, and helps to find a cure for migraine. Miles for Migraine produces fun walk/run events, typically 2-mile walks and 5k and 10k races, to raise money for migraine research. Miles for Migraine also hosts youth camps for kids and teens impacted by migraine or other headache disorders.
Work is remote.
Hours are flexible.
Organizations serve patient populations with significant unmet needs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position. Also include a sample of your grant writing work.
Include in subject line of your email: Fund Development Consultant / Grant Writer - YOUR NAME
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are eager to start this project asap and we will close the job posting once a consultant is under contract.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.