FWD.us seeks an enthusiastic Social Media Fellow for Fall 2018.
The Social Media Fellow will work closely with the Community Team to plan and execute against social media strategies, plan, write, and curate personal stories to be published online, and assist in tracking and monitoring digital goals.
The Social Media Fellow role will be a part of the Community Department, whose mission is to build and engage the supporter base needed to effect change.
FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out from the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
YOU ARE THE PERSON RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You enjoy a fast paced environment, and are comfortable executing against tight timelines
- Are fluent in social media happenings and are comfortable engaging with the organization's follower community (which includes celebrities, elected officials, political groups, nonprofits, individuals, and others)
- You have 1-2 years experience managing social media channels
- You have 1-2 years of experience in digital storytelling or writing for the web (please include examples in your application)
- You are comfortable reading and analyzing social channel analytics across multiple platforms
- You are excited about the opportunity to develop a cohesive tone and voice across social channels, and building storylines that build over multiple weeks
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Monitoring and tracking social media posts across multiple platforms
- Drafting and creating social media and blog content
- Identifying rapid response engagement opportunities
- Monitoring analytics for social media and other digital engagement, and providing daily reports
- Conducting phone interviews, and developing blog posts highlighting interviewees personal stories
- Assisting in the development of tone and storytelling guidelines across multiple platforms
- Providing on-demand assistance for other campaign needs (including support at events, drafting and formatting emails, and assisting in partner outreach)
- Effectively communicating progress to Sr. Staff and other stakeholders.
OTHER HELPFUL SKILLS:
- Experience with common CRM, CMS, and blogging platforms.
- Solid understanding of SEO and analytics.
- Clear communication skills and the ability to draw conclusions from key data points.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us your resume.
Minimum Education Required