2100 Crystal Drive
The PBS Brand Refresh for the Digital Age Project aims to evolve the PBS legacy brand by optimizing it for use on multiplatform media environments. Under the direction of the brand strategy team, the specialist will provide activation and socialization support, training and PBS member station engagement services.
The specialist will work with key stakeholders to strengthen local and national PBS brand identity and help member stations leverage the brand refresh to elevate content attribution and foundation for financial support. External constituents include: Member stations to include Station Brand Advisory Council, Marketing Advisory Council members or other station representatives from varying functional areas.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Immersion into the Brand Refresh for Digital Age project; including co-brand strategy and creative.
- Engage core station brand-advisory group to consult on new branding initiatives and best practices.
- Under the direction of PBS Brand Strategist, serve as brand ambassador and station support liaison to engage, socialize and train constituents on brand guidelines, platform, voice, positioning, architecture and visual system.
- Provide key touchpoints and momentum; manage process for timelines communications.
- Development of content including talking points, FAQ’s, presentation with script and flow for brand trainings.
- Produce monthly ‘brand news’ newsletter, sharing all developments for distribution.
- Conduct brand activation aspects through member station workshops as well as select internal PBS sessions, trainings, webinars and roadshows with key audiences across all regions in collaboration with brand strategy team and develop presentation materials.
- Assist in the development, planning and logistics of regional station brand workshops, webinars, meetings and other seminars in coordination with agency partners.
- Serve as an interface and communicator with all PBS member station stakeholders, including marketing, creative, production and other disciplines.
- Collect and track FAQ’s and follow-up as needed.
- Serve as a brand champion with ability to train others in system to be advocates of PBS master brand guidelines and use of brand package creative elements.
- Participate in internal team meetings as well as regular agency status calls.
- Produce a brand-basics orientation curriculum. Lead a series of quarterly webinars and introductory sessions on how best to implement and utilize the new refreshed brand.
- Conduct in-person sessions via regional roadshows in 10 or more key markets. These training sessions will be centrally located so representatives from neighboring stations can attend them and collaborate with peers in a workshop environment.
- Attend and participate in all brand, marketing and production meetings, including those with brand agency, related to brand refresh strategy and roll out.
- Serve as reference to improve internal and external awareness and understanding of the new brand; provide assistance in response to station inquiries on brand refresh support as needed.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in brand strategy, marketing, communications, media or advertising. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- 4-6 years agency or other professional experience working on consumer brand, promotion, advertising and/or marketing campaigns.
- Ability to comprehend and have a strong understanding of PBS’ membership matrix and internal policies regarding co-brand architecture, master brand trademark policies and station governance.
- Demonstrated success in leading projects, cross-functional project management, team-building, seminar/event planning.
- Knowledge and experience with public media structure preferred.
- Portfolio that includes both commercial and nonprofit clients, broadcast media, digital and social campaigns
- Multi-disciplinary experience including print, web and social media.
- Basic understanding of trademark use, cobrand architecture requirements and guidelines.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with and influence a variety of professional discipline\
- Exceptional written communication, interpersonal and public presentation skills
- Forward approach, critical thinking and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to act independently and confidently; ability to be flexible with evolving priorities
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to grasp high-level branding and positioning concepts and translate them into actionable strategies and tactics
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to amplify brand message across all media and various audiences
- Establish and communicate schedules and timelines
- Maintain trusted partnerships with stations, colleagues and partner agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, basic Photoshop skills a plus
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required