Wanted: Passionate Activist Cofounders coDirectors (full-time and Part-time; short/long)
- Job posted by WinWisely
Full Time Contract
Details: Offer a free private apt in Manhattan village for first cofounder accepted wanting this
Wtd: Passionate Activist Cofounders coDirectors to Put Grass roots organizing on steroids
You can be based anywhere, Part-time OK, but fulltime preferred for first two cofounder roles
Short or long term..
WHO WE ARE--OUR MISSION:
We are WinWisely (winWisely.org is our splash page, that has our one pager and reviews from many top organizers and activist IT pros nationwide.)
Our MISSION is to provide a major one stop mobile-friendly app breakthrough solution to what we call the "mother of all challenges:"
"How can the progressive grassroots organizations of today recruit, commit, support and cleverly organize massively larger numbers of volunteers than we can right now, to do much bigger impact tasks than we are now doing, and ASAP--before it is too late to save democracy
and mother nature as we know it.
And conversely, how can the 3-6M still untapped potential activists out there yearning for major change quickly find the right campaign to join, find their appreciated place in the movement.
After viewing our clickable 7-minute demo, more than 18 top organizers and IT Pros across the nation have been extremely impressed with our potential to put organizing on steroids. And their suggestions for improvement have continually been integrated into its ongoing design. Win Wisely us based on a unique integration of three functionalities, one of which is called crowdacting (not crowdfunding). So think: "Kickstarter + Peer Bonder and more meets movement organizing." We will be open source and free to all non-big nonprofits and expect to play a major role in this year’s battles to win back Congress, as well as to keep fossil fuel in the ground and much more.
The 3 cofounder/director Openings:
1) a Project Mgr//Outreach (campaign Liaison) and Devt (fundraising) Director-Cofounder (ie about 3 hats). Note: fundraising would be only as many hours are your wish, and need not require you to do the pitching.
2) a User Interviewer and Marketing or Social Media Director (VP) Cofounder.
IMPORTANT: The above combinations are not in concrete. You can create your own combination of responsibilities.
3) UI designer
For detailed JDs and directions for how to apply, see WinWisely.org/jobs. And also here for the social media director.
Negotiable, since awaiting funding decisions. However one of the cofounder positions can be given free private apartment in about the best location in NYC, in the village (valued now at $4500-5000/mo!). Small Cash stipend also available after 2-4wk month trial period, followed by a much larger one (hopefully $2500-3000/mo) when we are funded hopefully by April (though guarantees), to carry out a thorough betatest. TO be clear, we seek people far more motivated by justice and saving mother earth, than my money. If the betatest is successful, then much large funding meaning much larger salaries by this summer.
First check out this animation, while imagining applications for getting Berniecrats elected to Congress and turning Congress blue, keeping fossil fuels in the ground, passing medicare4all, ending rapacious student debt, gerrymandering, mass incarceration, overthrowing the kleptocracy, etc
2) Then read our one pager and reviews from 17 top organizers and IT pros, at winwisely.org
3) SEND us a cover letter to Gary@WinWisely.org, describing "why us (when there are so many other do good outfits out there)?" and listing (bullets) relevant skills and/or activist type accomplishments, Be sure to include your phone contact info and city and time zone, in your sig
Be sure subject line states Cofounder/[which roles preferred]/your city and [how you heard of us]
Note: Job functions below did not allow enough functions. Missing are UI design (for the Designer) and user interviewing user testing as well.
1) opportunity to help all the top causes by enabling them to become far more effective in recruiting he massively larger numbers of volunteers they will need willing to do much bigger tasks (like canvassing and non violent resistance) to have any real chance of succeeding.
2) opportunity to get Director title
3) free housing in NYC option
4) mentorship by highly experienced lead cofounder and renowned advisers
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required