70 Mulberry Street
HOURS: 35 hours, occasional evenings and weekends
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
DESCRIPTION: CMP operates a Business Outreach Center to help individuals who seek to start or expand their business. Business Counselors are armed with multi-faceted knowledge to assist individuals to the next stage of growth.
Job Title: Business Counselor
Job Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Provide technical assistance, workshops, and conduct outreach to small business owners to identify, document and deliver business services.
- Determine client’s primary needs and document service action plans, establish the services to be provided.
- Document client service needs and action plans to support their goals
- Establish timelines for service based on client needs and situational analysis.
- Work with qualified clients on an ongoing basis to lead to implement strategies to stabilize, and strengthen their business operations so they can success and deliver economic impact.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with client to ascertain needs and delivery of solutions to help meet the client needs
- Develop and maintain case management plans to capture and document to service plan for each client based on the needs assessment
- Support clients with referrals for marketing & sales, business planning, HR, business planning, capital access, accounting and bookkeeping strengthening, staffing support or other resources to strengthen and help to sustain the business during and after the construction period.
- Assist clients with evaluating their financing readiness,
- Assist companies to prepare and apply for financing or other financial incentives
- Assist companies in preparing financial projections or tools to understand cashflow needs
- Evaluate client financial weaknesses and make recommendations for improving their financial management.
- Assist business owners to strengthen their personal financial condition as a means to long term sustainability of their small business enterprises
- Assist clients to better understand potential credit barriers and strategies to overcome weaknesses.
- Make referrals when appropriate to other project resource consultants or partner agencies.
- Assist qualified prospective entrepreneurs the areas of venture feasibility analysis, business plan writing, financial projections, obtaining financing and other business start-up issues.
Service Delivery Method & Goals
- Position requires individual to conduct outreach to meet with business clients or community stakeholders at their place of business. Most client meetings will be in-person and can also occur via phone.
- Position may use proprietary business analysis and strategy tools when appropriate. Training will be provided when applicable.
- Provides no-cost consulting services to business owners, in the NYC Area
- Facilitate improvement and growth for small micro-businesses and/or emerging small businesses to help them stabilize, sustain themselves and expand market position
· A Bachelor’s degree required, in a business field is a plus.
· Bilingual in English and Mandarin required.
· Interest and knowledge of business finances (preparing financial projections, interpreting and analyzing financial statements), marketing, sales, operations and management.
· Ability to work with various stakeholders to help entrepreneurs achieve goals.
· Must be able to maintain accurate time records and prepare reports on services delivered.
· Public speaking, presentation and writing skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual fluency in Mandarin & English required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume with Subject Heading, "Business Counselor" to firstname.lastname@example.org.