Details: Low $50s depending upon experience. Excellent benefits package.
The Development Director reports to the Co-Director and serves on the senior management team. S/he works side-by-side with a talented and dedicated team to expand access to clean water, protect our region’s beautiful forests, and ensure the health of our environment and our communities. The Development Director is tasked with establishing fundraising targets and strategies and implementing the fundraising program. The position entails major gift solicitation, corporate sponsorship, membership support, fundraising event coordination, and oversight of grant applications. The Development Director manages the Data and Operations Coordinator and is based in MountainTrue’s Asheville office.
- Fundraising Strategy and Execution: Sets fundraising targets, develops strategies and executes an annual fundraising plan including mail solicitations, events, peer-to-peer fundraising and more.
- Major Gifts and Donor Stewardship: Identify, research, and cultivate relationships with major donors. Engages Board of Directors and staff to expand our network of supporters.
- Membership Strategy: Develop and oversee growth strategy and Moves Management system to increase membership and contributions with the support of the Community Engagement Manager.
- Corporate Donations and Sponsorships: Solicits business community, develops and ensures fulfillment of corporate sponsor benefits.
- Database Management: Attains and maintains expert proficiency with EveryAction’s fundraising features and oversees Data and Operations Coordinator to keep database up-to-date and to ensure data integrity.
- Events: Manages fundraising events and oversees fundraising aspects of other events. Secures and manages relationships with event sponsors.
- Grants and Foundation Giving: Tracks and assists with drafting of grant proposals and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 5-plus years of experience in development
- Experience working with CRM software (preferably EveryAction)
- Project Leadership: Experience planning, leading, and managing development projects. Ability to coordinate and collaborate with peers to achieve desired outcomes. Confidently embraces accountability through tracking metrics and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Embraces creativity and innovation. Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: Good writing skills and able to create powerful and compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills and effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers and donors alike.
MountainTrue values and respects all types of diversity and strongly encourages applicants from traditionally marginalized groups to apply. We prohibit discrimination and harassment and provide equal employment opportunity without regard to, and not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, national origin, abilities, gender identity, age or genetic information. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting those from minority and disadvantaged groups.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter, resume, two professional writing samples and three references by September 26, 2018 to Bob Wagner, Co-Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Development Director Position”.