311 California Street
The San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides a multitude of benefits and services to its over 900 members, including plaintiffs’ attorneys, defense attorneys, law students, and law office supporting staff. For over fifty years SFTLA has served the needs of the plaintiff’s bar. Our main goal is to provide continuing legal education to attorneys, but we also offer everything from a group health plan to fun networking events. SFTLA’s various committees work hard to raise support for the many diverse groups that make up the trial lawyer community.
The Diversity Coordinator encompasses many positions within the organization and is a sort of non-profit jack/jane-of-all-trades. SFTLA hosts over 40 events per year, which makes for a fast-paced, fun working environment. The Diversity Coordinator works primarily with the Executive Director to accomplish both short-term and long-term goals, including the tasks required of a busy office:
- Clerical duties include filing, calendaring events and appointments, preparing office mailings, serving members’ needs via email or phone, updating and maintaining content on the website, and ensuring the office runs efficiently.
- Work with Executive Director and Committee Chairs on planning for short and long-term projects and operational duties, including daily task management and correspondence.
- Responsible for light book keeping on QuickBooks 2013 Non Profit Edition
AS AN EVENTS PLANNER:
- Creates the advertising and mailing brochures for all SFTLA events.
- Scouts venues, secures contracts and negotiates with vendors.
- At each event, helps with registration and must attend these events.
AS A COORDINATOR:
- Prepares the agenda and minutes for the monthly Diversity Committee meeting.
- Will closely work with Diversity Chair to promote a summer Fellowship Program (mostly requires strong organizational skills).
- Solicits volunteers and manages them at special events and in the office.
- Coordinates with four committee-chairs and completes various projects.
- For all educational events: corresponds with guest speakers and arranges materials needed for the presentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Attention to detail a must! Strong organization skills and the ability to think on your feet.
· Flexible, go-with-the-flow attitude, and a natural communicator.
· Must know how to balance multiple tasks and work both independently and in coordination with multiple players.
· Comfortable with technology, as this job demands a lot of time spent on the computer.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and QuickBooks
· Familiarity with Adobe InDesign desired but not required
This is a full time position (40 hours/week/M-F) with some evening hours due to events.
The rate of pay is $20.00/hour. When sending cover letter and resume, please write “Diversity Coordinator Position” in the subject line.
Full health insurance & commuter benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. When sending all materials, please write “Diversity Coordinator Position” in the subject line.