Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO is in search of a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Administrative Operations Coordinator to provide administrative and operations support to the growing Information Technology Department. If you enjoy coordinating logistics, providing administrative and program support, and would like to work with new and exciting technology, then we want to hear from you.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
What you will do:
- Coordinate department activities and/or communication related to operations, planning, and internal and external meetings
- Provide effective administrative support to the department Vice President and senior staff including planning business trips, coordinating travel arrangements, itineraries, and processing expense reports
- Manage calendar appointments and organize logistics for meetings and conference calls to include scheduling times, preparing agendas and background materials, coordinating catering, and initiating timely communication with meeting attendees
- Serve as the department onboarding coordinator and arrange logistics and orientations for new hires
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers; and maintain and monitor department legal documents in the contracts database, and work effectively with Legal Department staff members
- Oversee monthly invoicing process, including providing quality assurance, customer service, and ensure that deadlines are met and tasks are completed
- Accurately coordinate department budget development, data entry, monthly expense monitoring, and collaborate with budget analysts to create dashboards and present information to department leadership, as requested
- Participate in department special projects and initiatives including recommending process efficiencies, and perform other duties as assigned
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of administrative and/or operations experience including working with budgets
- Experience with developing process efficiencies and coordinating projects
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Openness to adapting to new technology
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to follow through on tasks and juggle multiple deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience supporting an IT department and working with project management tools such as Smartsheet
- Experience working with contracts
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).