Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Still She Rises, Tulsa seeks a highly motivated and energetic Client Advocate to join a small, interdisciplinary team of attorneys and advocates as they provide client-centered, holistic services to women and their families. The client advocate will be responsible for interviewing and assessing client needs relating to the myriad collateral consequences of criminal justice and/or family court involvement. The legal advocate will counsel, represent and advocate for clients in a variety of settings, primarily in three general categories:
Public Benefits/Collateral Consequences
· Represent clients in administrative hearings
· Assist and advocate for clients in obtaining and preserving public and/or disability benefits, accessing medical services, job programs, and other social services
· Assist clients in protecting and preserving rights regarding police misconduct
· Assist clients in education-based advocacy on behalf of their children
· Assist clients in accessing and preserving shelter and housing
· Assist clients in obtaining vital documents
· Collaborate with criminal attorneys, social workers, and other advocates on case-specific issues as well as long-term projects
· Advocate for clients’ parental rights in the child welfare system
· Facilitate communication between clients and court staff, service providers, and the Department of Human Services (DHS)
· Advocate for clients in seeking frequent and flexible visitation with children and preserving clients’ rights within the child welfare system
· Assist clients in identifying and correcting criminal record errors
· Advocate with bail bondsmen and debt collection agencies
· Provide support to clients tasked with meeting requirements of probation or other community sentences and manage tracking system to help clients prevent warrants and re-arrests
· Assist clients in meeting court-mandated goals such as completing parenting classes and/or drug assessment/treatment and advocate for clients with each organization
· Participate in fundraising systems advocacy for alternative solutions to client debt
Additionally, the client advocate will reach out to and work with other community-based organizations and providers to connect clients to services and maintain relationships with systems players. S/he will also collaborate internally and externally to identify large-scale problems that affect our clients and to think creatively about strategies and solutions to these issues.
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Still She Rises offers competitive health benefits, dental and vision plans, flexible PTO, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER electronically to email@example.com by October 19, 2018 with “Client Advocate” in the subject line. No faxes or phone calls please. Applicants will be notified regarding whether or not they have been selected for an interview. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Still She Rises is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of people of color, women, and formerly incarcerated individuals. We are committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff.