36-14 35th Street
Long Island City
The Math Specialists/Classroom Coach will work with students in small groups/classes on homework and preparation for tests and projects. These individuals must be capable of teaching basic high school level math (arithmetic, algebra, geometry). They must be able to explain concepts clearly, quickly diagnose problems in students' comprehension, and provide strategies for the students to do better. Additional ability to tutor in calculus and science (earth science, biology, chemistry, and rarely physics) a plus.
- Experience working with adolescents and the ability to connect with them
- Ability to tutor multiple subjects
- Classroom-management or leadership skills and experience
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for our cause
Hours: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Monday – Thursday. We will only accept candidates who are available all four days.
Start Date: September 10, 2018
End Date: June 2019. We require candidates who can work until the end of the school year.
Where: Legal Outreach is located at 36-14 35th Street in Long Island City, Queens. You can take the N/Q to 36th Ave. or the M/R to 36th St. (12 – 15 min from midtown Manhattan).
This is a great opportunity to gain classroom experience while transforming the lives of inner-city youth with a proven college-prep program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that follows the following guidelines. Applications that do not follow the guidelines will not be considered:
1. Attach a single PDF or Word document that contains a resume, 2 references, and a brief cover letter.
2. The subject of your email should be "APPLICATION FOR ASP".