Details: Competitive per-hour rate commensurate with background and experience
50 Washington Avenue
Songcatchers, Inc. – New Rochelle, NY - provides affordable access to high quality music education, training, and enrichment for children ages 1.5 to 13yo who might not otherwise have access to arts education & training programs. It is comprised of four divisions; After-School Music Program, Early Childhood Program, Choral Arts Program, and String Orchestra Program. Through these programs Songcatchers serves over 300 music students annually. We also offer a three-week Instrumental Summer Day Camp, a one-week sleepaway Choir Camp, and a Young Composers Program in the fall. Songcatchers students, student teachers, and professional teaching mentors maintain a schedule of concerts throughout the year, and regularly perform for various public concerts and community festivals in Westchester. Songcatchers is a values-driven organization, and operates in a learning environment that encourages mutual respect, intellectual discipline, nurturing of individual and collective creativity, self-esteem, and an obligation to utilize one's unique gifts to contribute to the quality of life of one’s community.
Assist and support the Executive Director and Development Consultant with the deployment of a strategic marketing and development communications plan to define and segment constituent groups, deepen stakeholder relationships, and broaden public awareness for Songcatchers.
- Assist Development Consultant with prospect research on new individual donors and corporate sponsors.
- Assist Development Consultant with maintaining a Major Donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship calendar of deliverables.
- Manage print and electronic communications for donors, corporate sponsors, and community partners.
- Maintain donor database, process donations, produce donor acknowledgements, and ensure that donor information is current and accurate.
- Ensure that public relations strategic messaging is designed to support and enhance the Songcatchers brand.
- Manage electronic communications content and messaging to a variety of internal and external stakeholders; sponsors, media outlets, community partners, and regional influencers.
- Manage communications content on social media; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Identify communications challenges and potential solutions to effectively engage various discrete audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly update the Songcatchers website with an emphasis on program-rich content that is informative and engaging.
- Assist with the design and management of quarterly e-newsletters.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Familiarity with social media marketing channels, and direct e-marketing
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a fast-paced and fluid work environment
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
Prior experience in donor research helpful, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The part-time position is one day a week - Monday - 9am to 5pm, with additional hours TBD during peak fundraising campaign periods, Special Events Fundraisers, and various donor cultivation events in the community. It is a non-salaried, Independent Contractor position providing a market-competitive hourly rate.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com by Monday, October 8, 2018.
The position will remain open until filled. Please, no phone calls.