Full Time Contract
Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Switzerland or USA
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
GBCHealth currently serves as the Focal Point for the Private Sector Delegation (PSD) to the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and is seeking Senior Manager to act as the Global Fund Private Sector Focal Point. The Focal Point has primary responsibility to ensure the effective engagement and representation of the private sector on the Board of the leading global funding agency for HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria is an independent, public-private partnership established in 2002 that is working to attract significant new resources to fight AIDS, TB and malaria, and to innovatively manage and disburse these funds for effective prevention and treatment programs in countries with greatest need.
In this capacity the Focal Point coordinates the communication and joint partnership activities between the Global Fund and the PSD, represents the PSD to various GF Committee meetings, Board meetings and other forums, provides input and guidance to the delegation members and PSD leadership, and works to grow and deepen engagement between the private sector and the Global Fund. The Focal Point works closely with the elected Private Sector Board Member, Alternate Board Member and the GBCHealth leadership team to expand the private sector’s role in supporting the Global Fund’s mission to combat the three diseases and advance global health and development goals.
- Ensuring effective communications within the Private Sector Delegation (PSD) and orchestrating active private sector participation at Board meetings, Committee meetings, and other Global Fund forums
- Maintaining robust and detailed understanding of Global Fund strategy, policy and governance issues to enable provision of advisory support to PSD in a neutral capacity
- Working with PSD leadership to advance policy and other board-level work in an efficient manner, while liaising with other board delegations (e.g. governments, foundations, civil society, communities affected by the diseases, and technical partners) and with the Global Fund Secretariat
- Supporting the active engagement of the private sector on Global Fund Board Committee work, facilitating policy and strategic dialogue within the PSD, and drafting policy and position documents
- Developing the PSD network and engagement globally, including maintaining and growing relationships with existing member companies, identifying new prospective members and securing commitments from new members
- Overseeing the preparation of timely annual communications and marketing materials (e.g. newsletters, one-pagers, presentations, briefing documents, minutes and annual reports)
- Coordinating partnership with the Global Fund’s private sector team and other global and Geneva-based institutions in support of private sector engagement around the three diseases
- Overseeing the management, governance compliance, and budget of the PSD
This position reports to Program Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Global Fund, its strategy, governance and operations, and/or of comparable international multi-lateral organizations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to translate complex reports and policy issues on a wide range of topics into clear and focused briefs
- Solid knowledge and capacity for thoughtful analysis of global public health and development policy issues, institutions and trends
- Experience working with the private sector on global health and development issues; experience and knowledge of public-private partnerships preferred
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills, including experience establishing and maintaining relationships with senior corporate leaders, ability to foster a collegial atmosphere of engagement across a diverse constituency, client-focused attitude and dedication to meet and exceed expectations from external partners
- Self-starter with the ability to be self-directed, to manage an independent work load and to identify priorities and new opportunities with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills, including capacity to establish and implement a structured work plan with clear objectives, timelines and deliverables, and to build and manage a $300-$400K annual project budget
- Strong team player with ability to manage and motivate a small team and to leverage wider GBCHealth relationships and competencies for the benefit of PSD priorities, and vice versa
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, including ability to manage and deliver against multiple, overlapping short-, medium-, and long-term priorities
- Ability to represent the PSD and GBCHealth at a senior level internally and externally
- Willingness to travel internationally 3-5 times per year, including long hours during and in the lead up to twice-annual Global Fund Board meetings
- 5-7 years of professional experience, MPH preferred
Senior Manager can be based in Switzerland or the United States. He/She must be committed to the fight against HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria and for better health for all, and must demonstrate a positive, open attitude and willingness to work hard in fast-paced environments where teamwork and partnership is essential.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should email resumes to Svetlana Kouzmina at email@example.com. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter:
1. What makes you especially qualified for this position?
2. What is most important to you about the office environment you work in?
Applicants should apply no later than March 16, 2018, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we highly recommend applying early. Please, no phone calls.