Under the supervision of the Engagement Manager, the Outreach Liaison is responsible for conducting outreach to community families and residents. The position requires strong interpersonal skills to make connections and build relationships with families, community leaders and other stakeholders. The Outreach Liaison will be involved in direct recruitment of families for Power of Two, as well as work collaboratively with community-based agencies with the purpose of making the critical linkages to resources and services for the families we partner with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in, coordinates, and/or attends community events such as tenant association meetings, tabling events, health fairs and community forums, as a representative of Power of Two.
- Conducts community presentations and other needed outreach to reach families with children between the ages of 6months-48months.
- Works closely with the Engagement Manager and Borough Director to promote the ABC program.
- Conducts door-to-door canvassing.
- Participates in mandatory training and professional development related to the program to build and maintain current knowledge base.
- Maintains documentation of program activities, and assists in tracking data related to community referrals.
- Attends and participates in all appropriate Power of Two staff meetings, work groups, etc., as directed.
- High School Graduate
- Good verbal communication in English and Spanish.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse community.
- Must have knowledge of and be comfortable presenting information related to the specific project being assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience working with computers, including word processing and data entry programs; spreadsheet experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Written communication skills in English adequate to draft memos, business correspondence, etc., as needed or directed by the Outreach Coordinator.
- Able to effectively organize and present information in group settings, both formal and informal.
- Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively. Self-starter.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Compensation/Benefits Full Time – exempt position – Salary commensurate with experience. EOE.