Founded in 1977, New Hope Housing is an innovative, award-winning non-profit agency in Northern Virginia. We are committed to finding creative and lasting solutions to end the cycle of homelessness by offering homeless men, women, and children the services they need to change their lives and succeed. And each of those success stories adds to a stronger, healthier community for all. New Hope Housing has a diverse staff of approximately 200 full-time, part-time, and on-call individuals at all employment levels working 24/7.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking for an HR leader in this critical role of leading Human Resources and driving New Hope's mission forward while attracting, developing, and retaining employees. This position is responsible for all HR programs and processes, including recruiting and hiring, compensation, training and development, staff planning and development, benefits, employee relations, and compliance. The successful candidate works closely with senior management and leads the HR team to support multi-site, multi-regional, multi-contracted programs in an organization. This position is not remote and sits on-site in the administration offices in Alexandria, VA.
- Directs all HR operations and manages a two-person HR team.
- Manages the strategic planning and direction of human resources in collaboration with senior management. Establishes departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization
- Ensures equitable and inclusive approaches in all HR processes, compensation, and career development decisions, as well as employee relations
- Manages auditing and compliance in a broad range of complex human resources areas to ensure adherence to appropriate federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Manages and monitors salary and benefits package offered by NHH. Stays abreast of developments in the salary and benefits arena and makes recommendations based upon benchmarking to ensure NHH salary structure and benefits are within an appropriate range based on geographic, job responsibilities, and current market considerations
- Counsels managers in applying HR principles, processes, and best practices to their team or department. Works with managers to address performance and conduct concerns
- Communicates policies and procedures to the organization. Conducts annual review/updates to Employee Handbook and other company policies, as needed
- Engages employees by seeking and understanding their needs and working with senior management to develop possible solutions. Responds to inquires over HR-related matters. Addresses employee relations concerns
- Evaluates and selects HR-related vendors or service providers. Manages negotiations for benefit contracts and renewals. Selects, implements, and trains on HR-related systems and tools designed to help internal operations
- Monitors human resources metrics and ensures that results are in alignment with key organizational and business indicators. Examines trends and implements best practices to improve human resources and organizational development effectiveness
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human resources or related field required. Master's preferred
- Minimum of eight years of progressive experience in human resources required. Non-profit experience preferred
- Two or more years of people management experience required. Management experience preferred
- Human Resource specific knowledge
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the concepts and principles of one or more areas of HR fields or departments required. Expertise in performance management, talent development, or recruiting preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR employment-related laws (i.e., FMLA, ADA, HIPAA) required.
- Knowledge of HRIS/ATS systems required. ADP knowledge preferred
- A high degree of empathy toward those we serve
- Ability to demonstrate:
- A high work ethic, with boundary limitations and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with a diverse staff and clientele
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Work with multiple and complex projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record. Able to be insured by our insurance company. Reliable transportation as this position can require travel within a 30-mile radius
New Hope Housing is proud to be an EOE/ADA employer that values diversity.
To Apply: Recruitment (adp.com)