Project Coordinator (part-time 21hr/3-4 days)
- Job posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The NYC Health Department Viral Hepatitis Program has received funding for “Hep C Screening and Linkage to Care Services Coordination at Syringe Exchange Programs” project. The project aims to support three NYC Syringe Exchange Programs (SEPs) in Bushwick, Lower East Side and Staten Island to identify and coordinate hepatitis C (HCV) services and service opportunities organization wide, including: outreach, HCV antibody and RNA testing, linkage to care and retention in care.
This position is funded through April 2019 but is contingent upon the availability of federal funding and successful annual reapplication for continued funding.
The Project Coordinator will work with SEP project staff and SEP HCV focused Patient Navigators to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate service coordination improvement plans. Additionally, the Project Coordinator will provide training and technical assistance to the Patient Navigators involved in this initiative and support monthly community of practice and learning. This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Hep C Community Programs, Viral Hepatitis Program, NYC Department of Health
The Project Coordinator will work with a Health Department team to:
· Coordinate the grant deliverables including supporting contracting activities, developing and implementing the project plan and timeline, meeting all project goals and grant deliverable expectations, collecting and reporting data, and taking a lead on the writing of reports as required by the funder.
· Organize and conduct monthly meetings at each of the three SEP contracted organizations with key SEP staff stakeholders to develop and implement HCV services coordination improvement plans.
· Communicate regularly with the SEP staff to support service coordination plan implementation.
· Site visits with the SEP organizations in Staten Island, Bushwick and Lower East Side
· Monitor the project, including assisting with data entry and collection at the SEP, receiving and analyzing program data, and conducting quality improvement activities
· Report on the program at community meetings, conferences or through publications
· Complete other duties as assigned
The applicant must have:
· Advanced MPH or DrPH candidacy with 2 years of related experience, or a related degree
· Strong project management skills, including experience organizing and following up on project meetings
· Training and/or technical assistance delivery experience
· A proactive and creative approach to project planning and improvement
· Experience working in a syringe exchange program, with people affected by drug use and/or hepatitis C
· Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including public speaking
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. RedCap experience is a plus.
· Experience with SAS, or other statistical analysis software
· Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
· Highly organized and detail oriented
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “Project Coordinator_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.