Intro/Program Description: Goddard Riverside Community Center operates early childhood centers for families and their children aged 2 to 5. Each center provides a warm learning environment that includes classroom activities that promote intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development through the hands-on exploration of science, nature and art as well as support for parents and caretakers for their own development.
Schedule: Monday through Friday - 7:30am to 6:00pm (7.5-hour shift) varies
Roles, Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Conduct recruitment and intake processing of newly enrolled children
- Maintain enrollment waitlist.
- Assist Family Worker and receptionist with the distribution of PreK applications to families and submission of said PreK applications to the DOE by their deadline
- Respond to inquiries about child care services offered by the organization
- Communicate with Center Director(s) and Family Workers regarding enrollment and attendance at program
- Evaluate, develop and recommend office procedures and practices to Center Director(s)
- Coordinate compilation of the CACFP monthly contract report from all participating programs
- Train administrative staff as needed on various software programs and assure they are in compliance with policies and practices.
- Assign tasks and provide direction to administrative staff; ensure that assigned tasks are completed within deadline
- Maintain children’s master files in compliance with agency, Head Start, DOH and DECE and policies.
- Submit monthly attendance via WES and weekly attendance into ELAA for 91st and 64th Street ECE.
- Attend all mandated Staff PD’s in accordance with our Funders and GRCC.
- Assist in the data collection for the Results Framework .
- Code and submit vendor invoices and reimbursement transactions into the Accounting Management Software (Intacct) for 91st Street and 64th street. (Intacct Requestor).
- Communicate with program vendors as need for invoice reconciliation.
- Work collaboratively with ECE Program Directors and GRCC Administration
- Assist petty cash fund for 91 & 64th street
- Collaborate with Ed Coordinator and Program Directors to facilitate professional development training for administrative staff
- Accept payments and record transaction in Procare in the absence of the Director.
- Assist in Procare audits for both sites.
- Place office supply and program supply orders; track orders and contact vendor when there are any discrepancies with orders
- Translate documents and emails for family communication.
- Assist in the data entry in Procare in the absence of the Family Worker/Receptionist.
- Maintain fiscal binders
- Other tasks that may be asked by Department Heads and/ or Program Directors.
- High School Diploma minimum, some college-AA/BA preferred
- NYS Central Registry Clearance
- Prior experience providing services to children and families
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with DOE DECE or Head Start guidelines and program’s educational philosophy
- Detail Orientated
- Fluent in MS programs
- Knowledge of Procare a plus
- Knowledge of Intacct a plus
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to delegate
- Lifting, bending, walking, climbing stairs
- Ability to interact with small children and families
- Ability to commute between both programs as needed