Full Time Temporary
Details: Commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for an Grassroots Program Coordinator to work within the Climate Speakers Network team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Climate Speakers Network (“CSN”) program works with partners to train, support, and empower peer messengers to use their own values and vocabulary to connect with climate change in their community. To accomplish this, the CSN partners with organizations at the grassroots, state, national, and international level, to organize free, half-day to full-day events focusing on local climate impacts and solutions and how attendees can more effectively communicate the climate crisis through their own, personal stories. In the past the CSN has partnered with groups such as environmental justice organizations, faith organizations and places of worship, health organizations, young leaders, and social justice groups.
The Climate Speakers Network Grassroots Program Coordinator will work with grassroots organizations within the United States to assist with the partnership development, planning, execution, and engagement of CSN events.
This position is full-time but temporary for one year.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the Washington DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the development of training curriculum for Climate Speakers Network trainings in the United States.
- Organizing, coordinating and monitoring the logistics for the trainings and events.
- Managing post event follow-up and ongoing engagement efforts with Climate Speakers.
- Serving as the primary point of contact to trained Climate Speakers.
- Supporting the development of additional tools and resources for trained Climate Speakers.
- Recommending tools, materials, and tactics to monitor and evaluate the success of trained Climate Speakers.
- Maintaining strong data management practices and supporting the development of program metrics and analysis.
- Identifying, building and maintaining relationships with trained Climate Speakers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in non-profit, advocacy and/or campaigns preferred.
- Experience working with faith and/or environmental justice communities.
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity, ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Prior experience with Salesforce preferred.
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) and company match, transit subsidy, mobile phone reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required