2283 Main Street
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for raising public awareness and engagement in Sterling House Community Center (SHCC) programs, events, opportunities and achievements through a variety of outlets. These outlets include print, radio and television media, SHCC website, e-mail marketing, social media, and community outreach. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is also key in developing creative marketing materials consistent with the SHCC brand. This position reports to our Executive Director and is a part-time, exempt position (20 hours/week) with a salary and paid-time off package.
· Maintain and update website keeping all content current and relevant and act as a liaison to website vendor.
· Promote SHCC programs, services and events in all available community calendars, websites, list-serves, publications, and local newspapers.
· Effectively utilize SHCC social media sites as digital marketing tools, in addition to proposing new avenues to increase digital engagement.
· Design SHCC brochures, program flyers, event materials, and any other printed and promotional communications pieces. Redesign materials as needed to stay current and relevant.
· Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with strategies to promote SHCC programs/services to foundations, corporations and other local, state and federal funding sources and that will encourage public involvement or solicit feedback and input from the public.
· Assist Development team with event communications and materials including invitations, save-the-dates, e-blasts, PR, utilization of website and other social media and any other tools to promote events and increase event participation.
· Act as SHCC press liaison, including preparing and disseminating press releases and media alerts. Coordinate press presence at events and create media packets.
· Represent SHCC in the community and help prepare staff for community outreach events (i.e. Main Street Festival) and speaking engagements. Respond to public and press inquiries.
· Ensure the front entry and reception area bulletin boards and display areas are welcoming, on-brand, informational, and engaging.
· Recruit, screen, train and supervise Communications Interns.
· Other activities assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
· Self-starter, comfortable with multiple priorities and working under deadlines
· Strong organizational and collaborative skills and excellent planning abilities
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Able to clearly articulate and embody the mission of Sterling House, while building and maintaining good relationships with; staff, volunteers, board members, participants, funders, media, and all other stakeholders
· Excellent skills in the utilization of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Power Point
· Graphic design experience along with proficiency with InDesign and Photoshop is desired
· Extensive experience with social media networks, website maintenance, Constant Contact (or similar providers) and media relations
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in the area of Communications and a degree from an accredited college
· A strong desire to actively engage with the community- a change-maker and positive thinker
· A creative person who can meld the Sterling House brand with their own personal aesthetic to create beautiful and professional materials for Sterling House
Minimum Education Required