Do friends and family consider you to be passionate about helping others and friendly? Are you a team player who brings a positive, high energy and fast-paced mindset to the table? Do you consider yourself to be a self-starter and have strong relationship management skills?
This position might be for you!
As the Program Navigator, you would be responsible for advocating for individuals seeking Clarifi’s assistance solving immediate financial concerns or building long-term financial stability. Using a client-centered approach, clients are empowered to achieve their goals and build financial resilience through personal finance education and program application navigation. This role provides support to clients throughout the process and engages them deeply on key areas of personal finance including spending plans, debt maintenance, home equity planning. To learn about how we support client, please see https://www.clarifi.org/what-we-do/
Clarifi envisions a world where pathways to financial wellness are accessible to everyone. Our team members are change agents in the communities we serve, each dedicated to empowering individuals to achieve financial resilience and positively impact their communities. We recognize historic inequities and strive to reverse the systemic effects on marginalized communities. We are dedicated to serving the many diverse communities that make up Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley. To learn more about what motivates us please visit https://www.clarifi.org/who-we-are/
At Clarifi, our people are our power, they’re passionate about helping families across the Delaware Valley to reach their financial goals. We are personal finance and housing experts, we are also connectors, helping clients access financial guidance and community organizations to achieve personalized goals. Learn more about our team at https://www.clarifi.org/who-we-are/team-members/
Clarifi wholeheartedly believes a strong organization is based on the foundation of diverse groups of team members. We believe deeply in employees not only bringing their whole selves to work each day, but also feeling comfortable being their authentic self. We encourage people from each and every background and walk of life to apply for opportunities in which they are passionate about and meet the qualifications.
• A full-time, long-term position
• Awesome benefits
• A wonderful location: 1635 Market Street, 5th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103
• A Monday - Friday schedule with evenings and Saturdays as needed
• Close-knit team that operates efficiently and with energy
• An opportunity to impact families positively by connecting them with services we provide
• 3 years’ experience in customer service, financial support, or any other related field
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, in any related field
• Fluency in both English and Spanish, preferred
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate across a wide variety of channels including phone, email, text and chat as needed to help clients
• Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize deadlines and perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
• Outcome driven with a strong client focus.
• Energetic, fun and interested in working in a fast-paced and collegial environment.
• Proficiency with Office 365, client management software and web-based applications is required.
Day to Day:
• Serve as the first point of contact for clients, ensuring clients feels seen and heard
• Identify appropriate programs, schedule appointments and make referrals to community resources
• Collect required documentation from clients, verify and put in document management system
• Follow up with clients by phone and email to document status and advise on next steps including documents required, goals achieved and updated needs analysis
Counseling and Follow Up
• Complete financial empowerment sessions with clients to identify strategies that move them toward their goals
• Provide technical assistance with that moves clients toward their goals including grant applications, credit history, accessing financial instruments such as insurance or loans
• Educate clients on personal finance that increases their financial resilience and empowers them to resolve financial issues.
• Document recommendations, strategies and key learnings in individualized action plans and ensure clients understand their role in the process
• Understand and communicate options and community resources available for addressing issues such as grants, municipal agencies, and community social service organizations.
• Follow up with clients to document client progress and support their implementation of recommended strategies.
• Obtain program training and certification requirements including HUD, NFCC, PHFA and other counselor certifications within agency and housing contract required timeframes
• Maintain counselor certification by earning required number of Professional Development Units annually through counseling, continuing education and workshops or seminars
• Perform all computer system functions associated with the counseling session and client record, including working with internal and external systems and client data management systems. These functions include but are not limited to collecting, tracking and reporting required data.
• Work across the agency to resolve client issues.
• Maintain flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend hours and branch location to respond to business and client need.
• As required support branch location operations by coordinating maintenance, and miscellaneous administrative functions.
• Represent Clarifi at workshops and community events as needed.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Compose correspondence and presentations with proper spelling, grammar and articulation.
• Perform special projects and/or assignments as directed by management
There are no special physical demands required by this position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment for this position is a standard office environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Position is based in one or more of Clarifi office locations and may require travel in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware to other Clarifi offices and partner locations within agency’s service area. Candidate must be able and willing to travel to locations within agency’s full service area. Travel may also be required to alternate locations for workshops, and/or seminars.
Clarifi reserves the right to change this description at any time. Clarifi practices the concept of equal employment opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay, discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. No individual will be discriminated against, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, height, weight or citizenship.
Clarifi is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
Do friends and family consider you to be passionate about helping others and friendly? Are you a team player who brings a positive, high energy and fast-paced mindset to the table? Do you consider yourself to be a self-starter and have strong…
So much more!
So much more!
Fluent Spanish preferred but, not mandatory.
Fluent Spanish preferred but, not mandatory.