Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
Cooper Gardens Supportive Housing site has one opportunity for a Program Specialist to join an established clinical team. Cooper Gardens permanently houses 95 special needs tenants and families; the majority are formerly street homeless and have serious mental illness, chronic illness (including HIV/AIDS) and substance abuse challenges. The program specialist will be establishing and implement employment services on-site for all clients, including outreach, identifying employment opportunities, resume and interview preparation, vocational skill training, and ongoing support.
Ideal candidate is able to demonstrate ability to work in partnership with clients from a strengths based perspective, overcoming stigma, and navigating complex systems. Additionally, ideal candidate is able to adapt to an active environment, is exceptional with time management, has strong writing and communications skills, exhibits excellent attention to detail and remains a team player.
Cooper Gardens Supportive Housing provides a high level of support to its Program Specialist through individual supervision, on-site trainings, and regular staff meetings. BronxWorks offers opportunities for continuing education and career growth, including clinical supervision. An Associates degree is required, Spanish Bilingual preferred.
• Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, referral, service plan development, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
• Create and maintain a system to track purchase orders, metro cards and petty cash
• Order office supplies, furniture for all program needs
• Ordering, monitoring and tracking petty cash and Metro cards
• Provide general clerical support, including filing, faxing, word processing, typing, photocopying and sorting mail.
• Answer telephones, take messages and direct calls to the appropriate parties.
• Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis
• Complete program reports on a monthly basis or more frequently as required.
• Assist with special projects as required.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
• Associates Degree in a related field of study or some college course work completed.
• A minimum of 1 year clerical or administrative experience
• Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the…
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid…