Details: Commensurate with experience.
9159 Brookville Road
In an effort to meet the increasing demand for its services, provide effective daily programming, and truly build a movement to end poverty, A Wider Circle is introducing several new positions. Included in these positions are three new Vice President roles, one of which is the Vice President, HQ Operations and Services.
This is a leadership position for an individual with 10+ years of management experience who wants to be a significant part of the movement in this nation.
The Vice President will be the lead person for the day-to-day work at A Wider Circle’s headquarters in Silver Spring, MD. He or she will manage a team of directors tasked with managing our daily operations and services.
More than any other consideration, it is important to see this as more than a job, similar to the way in which the most devoted Civil Rights leaders and members of the Women’s Suffrage Movement saw their missions and their daily work. Poverty is not seen regionally or nationally as the urgent crisis we know it is, and a major reason for our expansion is to change this.
- Ensure daily operations and all services are carried out in a professional and high-quality manner
- Oversee a team of directors in the following programs and areas: Provision of basic need items; volunteer programming; human resources; administrative support; and facility management
- Create a professional and nurturing environment each day in which team members can excel
- Support the directors’ efforts to help their team members propel the organization
- Assist with the strategic planning of the organization
- 10+ years of management experience
- Ability to have a "yes" mentality and think expansively in every deliberation
- Demonstrated success in overseeing complex programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to be a change agent in the movement to end poverty
We offer health insurance, retirement. voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org