Development Coordinator / Grant Writer
Details: Salary based on experience
1715 W. Florence Avenue
The Development Coordinator/ Grant Writer leads the research, writing, and submission of grant proposals, Letters of Intent, grant reports, and other materials or correspondence needed to support SCOPE’s fundraising and outreach goals. The ideal candidate is an effective storyteller who can glean information from a wide range of sources to weave a compelling narrative and case for support. The Development Coordinator/ Grant Writer reports directly to the President & CEO and is a member of the Administration Department.
Classification Characteristics: Supervised by the President & CEO
Summary of Duties
- Write grant proposals and reports as required by our funders and donors.
- Track and manage current and prospective grant and reporting deadlines.
- Research and identify potential funding sources from private, corporate and government philanthropic sectors.
- Coordinate and prepare materials and mailing for annual membership dues drive and annual donor appeal.
- Draft other materials as assigned, such as a monthly funder update, quarterly board reports and annual report.
- Develop detailed understanding of SCOPE’s program areas and campaigns. This might involve reading program reports, participating in department meetings and staff workgroups, observing field work, attending membership meetings, and other activities.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, staff political education sessions, annual staff retreats, and other activities required of staff or as part of the Administrative/ Development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize written materials, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team and across departments.
- Good communication, listening and research skills.
- Commitment to the SCOPE mission and vision.
- Fundraising experience and bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
Any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform this position's duties, such as:
· Bachelor's degree – English, Journalism or other related field.
· Professional writing experience.
Full benefits (health/dental/vision/401(k)), excellent vacation, training and room for advancement. This is a full-time position.
Level of Language Proficiency
English / Spanish skills a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to “SCOPE/HR” via email, mail or fax:
email@example.com | 1715 W. Florence Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90047 | fax (323) 789-7939
NO HAND DELIVERIES OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE