The Family Center is seeking a Case Aide to Support the Family Net/ Family Connection team in efforts to ensure excellent quality care to the children and families we serve. Family Connections is a multi-faceted community-based program that works with vulnerable families, in their homes, to help them meet the basic needs of their children to prevent child maltreatment and achieve safety, well-being, and permanency outcomes. The Case Aide reports to the Program Supervisor.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Case Aide is responsible for carrying out a variety of supportive casework activities within the child welfare system. The essential duties of the Case Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Strict adherence to ACS mandates & the Family Connections Model
· Facilitate Family Team Conferences
· Actively participate in weekly supervision, weekly team/staff meetings and attend required training
· Assist families to access and negotiate community systems and resources
· Provide escort services to children & families as needed
· Assist Case planners to obtain client documentation, such as school, medical records, etc.
· Administrative and clerical tasks including data entry, collateral follow up calls, filing, and copying, etc.
· Ensure that families receive appropriate referral and linkages to other service providers
· Document all visits and collateral contacts in Connections. Complete all progress notes in a clear and effective manner, in accordance with agency protocol & within established time frames.
· Assist Case planners as needed
· Maintain compliance with Agency Protocols and ACS Contract
· Conduct casework contacts in the absence of a case planner or where applicable
· Work effectively in a team environment and independently in the field, taking responsibility for agency assigned devices such as laptops and cell phones
· Ensure client confidentiality
· Special projects as requested
· Prepare intake packages
· Follow supervisory directives
· Other duties as assigned
· Applicant must have High School diploma/GED with 2 years’ experience working with families and children or an Associate Degree in human services field
· Some knowledge of child welfare systems such as Connections/PROMIS is preferred
· Computer literate & have strong verbal & written communication skills
· Flexibility in schedule & be highly organized
· Bilingual Spanish & English a plus
· Health and Dental Benefits
· 403(B) Retirement Plan
· Four Weeks’ Annual Leave
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Long Term Disability Plan
· Flexible Spending Account
· TransitChek Program
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish & English a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the words "Case Aide,” in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.