Program Coordinator - Part Time
Details: Pay is $14 per hour
8303 Southwest Freeway
PAIR is seeking candidates for a part-time Program Coordinator position for a middle school after-school program with a required commitment period of late August 2018 through May 2019.
Program will operate two afternoons every week from approximately 4-6 PM at a middle school campus in Southwest Houston. The coordinator must arrive at the site early for program and stay late when necessary.
In collaboration with and under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM), Program Coordinators (PCs) are responsible for managing program administration, including lesson plans, recordkeeping, supplies, and the like. The PCs work with program volunteers, providing oversight, support, and guidance. The PCs and PM will work closely with school personnel, the staff of community organizations, and parents to ensure the participation of students and a longstanding supportive structure for program, student and volunteer success. PCs will also be expected to conduct home outreach throughout the year and be comfortable with entering the homes of their students including apartment complexes. PCs will additionally be responsible for the planning and execution of program related field trips and/or special events, generally 2-3 per semester.
Activities and Schedule
Hours will average 16 per week, but will vary depending on pre-program preparation weeks, program in-session weeks, program out-of-session weeks, and after-program evaluation weeks.
- August – September 2018: Student recruitment, volunteer coordination and training
- September 2018 – April 2019: Regular program sessions (main site and field trips) over the course of 8 months and continuous program planning, student outreach, and volunteer communication
- April 2019 - May 2019: End of program recordkeeping, surveying and evaluation duties
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in education, psychology, social work, international studies, or related field preferred.
- Experience working directly with youth, such as teaching, after-school, camping, youth work, counseling, college preparation, etc. required.
- Experience working overseas, especially in the developing world, preferred.
- Strong people skills and written and oral communications abilities required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM a plus.
- Background Check Required.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, maintenance of insurance during employment, and willingness to transport students when necessary required.
- Strongly committed to the organization's mission to empower refugee youth to navigate American society, reach their academic potential, and become community leaders through educational mentoring programs.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented; high level of personal responsibility, strong work ethic, independent, and entrepreneurial.
- Energetic, optimistic, flexible, and resourceful.
- Exhibiting professionalism and sound judgment.
- Committed to maintaining organized, detailed records.
- Able to coach and develop others and provide training and support.
- Adept at working with planning groups, relating to a variety of people with ease, eliciting support among competing interests, and moving groups of people toward a common goal.
- Able to relate to a variety of people with an appreciation of diversity and commitment to cross-cultural understanding and communication.
Pay is $14 per hour. You will also receive a non-taxable mileage reimbursement at a rate of 54.5 cents per mile for required travel in excess of the mileage incurred for your regular commute to your primary PAIR work site.
Minimum Education Required