Associate Technical Advisor
Program Analytics Department
Based in Washington DC
Reports to the Director, Program Analytics
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI has a long history of using measurable results to guide programs and be accountable for impact. The Program Analytics department supports the use of results and projections to inform strategic planning, program design, implementation and learning across the PSI network. The department manages a set of health impact models that are used to produce estimates of the health and demographic impact of PSI's work. Using recent national data, the department provides estimates of market size and potential, as the number of people using health products or services and those who have need for the same products and services. This helps marketers target individuals who will benefit the most from PSI's work. The department also provides projections for targets to inform donor commitments for coverage and impact to ensure that targets are feasible in context. The department also tracks progress toward the PSI strategic plan and manages policies on what counts for PSI significant involvement or attribution of impact on the ground.
PSI seeks an Associate Technical Advisor in its Program Analytics department. The advisor will support work across the department, starting with technical input to the analyses and ending with communication to foster use of analytic output. The advisor will also contribute to operations within the department, supporting the Director's preparation and tracking annual budget and facilitating the Director's participation in meetings and travel. The successful candidate will have completed a Master's course in a field focused on global health, with coursework in epidemiology and demography, familiarity with global health data sources and reports, and demonstrated ability to contribute to production of original analyses and reports on population health. The primary focus of the role will be internal to PSI but will require collaboration with partners and dissemination of results to external audiences.
Sound like you? Read on.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/gjryy53c87pcn8sf"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vo4E4YgULpxwqfgbLsBgVy">
- Work with Technical Advisors in the Department to produce estimates of market size and market potential for health products and services across PSI's countries and diverse health areas.
- Contribute to analyses to learn about PSI's work, develop and test scenarios to inform business choices, forecast results, and project progress toward targets.
- Support reporting and data use across different PSI data systems, including Lawson, sales database, DHIS2, and inventory systems.
- Develop new communication material to translate technical material, interpret analyses and achieve change management .
- Identify, critically assess and assemble secondary data, complementary to internal PSI data.
- Support Director through annual budgeting and tracking quarterly spend of the Department's budget and spend of staff time across program budget codes
- Facilitate Director's domestic and international travel planning and reconciliation of expenses.
- Contribute to planning and management of team meetings, including annual retreats.
What are we looking for?
- Master's in public health, international health, or a related field
- 1-2 years of work experience supporting or delivering social marketing or public health programs
- Experience developing and carrying out analyses to answer targeted questions, including compiling and managing data and interpreting and sharing results
- Ability to critically assess secondary data sources in health and demography
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with technicians and non-technicians.
- Must possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to successful completion
- Ability to contribute positively to a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software preferred, such as STATA or SPSS
- Experience with health measurement or impact estimation at the population level, preferred
- Familiarity with Office 365 and the Microsoft suite of tools is preferred.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in low and middle-income countries, knowledge of public health issues and social marketing product, ability to speak French, Spanish, or Portuguese, and/or familiarity with the international donor development community.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply