Details: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
47-10 Austell Place
Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Access Code Program
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
Access Code Program Managers drive and develop programming for the talented students in our intensive and inclusive tech education program. Program Managers (PMs), will report directly to our Head of Operations and Planning, and are the most hands-on members of the team. Our PMs are comfortable as generalists, doing anything from working closely with our industry expert instructors on curriculum implementation to developing analyses that will inform how to improve the Access Code experience. They are also passionate advocates for student success, supporting them in and out of the classroom.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous manager and outcomes-oriented mobilizer. He or she finds extreme joy in collaborating with talented individuals to improve their lives through tech. The Program Manager role provides great exposure to all the functional areas of an innovative and values-driven non-profit, and immense opportunity to develop operational skills.
The Program Manager needs to be on-site at our Queens campus to support each class from 10AM - 6PM Mon-Fri, with some outside hours for additional events.
Ensure the success of our students:
- Ensure the success of the cohort by working to develop student talent
- Manage the entire program life cycle and continually develop the vision for programs
- Support the social culture within and between each cohort
- Conduct check-in meetings with students from the cohort to ensure that everyone is on track
- Assist in the collection of metrics and reports on progress
- Assist organizing demo days, hackathons, and other events for students
Support curriculum development and implementation:
- Support the Head of Curriculum & Instruction in the instructional experience through training and documentation
- Ensure the successful implementation of the technical curriculum
- Ensure the Access Code instructors, teaching assistants, and developers in training have all the resources they need, such as instruction, space, and equipment
- Develop and lead the Professional Skills curriculum
- Contribute to curriculum development for the course and help pilot curriculum and course offerings over various formats, based on observation and data gathered
- Deep understanding of success for developers - experience working with developers or engineers is a plus
- Prior experience in classroom or educational settings is also a plus
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO OFFICIALLY APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER HERE: http://grnh.se/njr6kt1