Part Time Contract
Details: $40,000 contract-based part-time position for a period of 12 months.
8 W. 126th Street
At Start Small Think Big (“Start Small”), we believe that access to high-quality legal, financial management, and marketing services is an essential part of starting or growing a successful small business, especially for small business owners who are currently lower income. We are a nonprofit organization that focuses on pairing entrepreneurs positioned to grow their businesses with top pro bono attorneys as well as financial and marketing experts.
The Start Small Market Access Program assists small business owners with a range of marketing and sales needs including: connecting entrepreneurs to marketing experts who address a range of marketing issues the business is facing and identifying new and varied sales opportunities that can help our businesses increase their revenue. The Market Access Program also oversees all organizational marketing strategy and collateral.
This role offers a unique opportunity for a skilled and highly motivated event management and program coordination professional to use their talents to assist under-resourced entrepreneurs in accessing sales opportunities for their business, while also helping Start Small Think Big leverage and strategically use our in-house marketing to promote our work and reach broader audiences.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Manage delivery of sales programming: Assist with the coordination and logistics of all sales opportunities offered through the Market Access Program, particularly a new opportunity to operate a food kiosk in New York City. Work with Market Access Program Director to develop a strategic sales programming in order to meet increasing client need and specific grant deliverable targets (including developing, and at times teaching, various targeted workshop curriculums).
- Assist in training, supporting, and preparing entrepreneurs for sales opportunities: Determine whether entrepreneur is a good fit for a specific opportunity, assess business readiness and preparation for sales, and coordinate all the logistics associated with providing necessary services. Use our data management software, Salesforce, to record and manage all aspects of entrepreneur’s relationship with Start Small Think Big. Conduct periodic follow-up interviews with entrepreneurs to assess impact of Start Small services.
- Support and coordinate organization-wide events. Assist Market Access Program Director with logistical and creative aspects of organization-wide events, including our annual Pop Up Party event, a gathering of our supporters for a night of mingling and shopping from Start Small businesses.
- You have a BA or BS Degree, and 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an office environment preferred.
- You are highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can comfortably communicate with diverse stakeholders, maintaining a customer-oriented approach.
- You are highly computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Google applications), with proven facility with various cloud-based CRM, mail merge and survey software such (experience using Salesforce a plus).
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 25 hours a week is required.
Remote work possible
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Submit resume and a one-page cover letter to: Mabell Fernandez at: firstname.lastname@example.org (include subject line: “[your name] (Market Access Project Manager). Position open until filled.