Details: Salary commensurate with experience
The Manager, Office of the Founder (“Manager”), is a critically important role and enables the Founder to work effectively with PolicyLink staff and external stakeholders while fulfilling other commitments, including speaking, writing, and fundraising.
The Manager directly reports to and supports the Founder, and requires an individual who is resourceful, diplomatic, and a quick study. We are looking for a candidate with top-notch writing and research abilities; strong organizational skills; high intellectual curiosity; interpersonal savvy; and the ability to successfully navigate within a fast-paced environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to learn from a high-visibility Founder; gain experience with speechwriting and other forms of written communication; develop knowledge of multiple policy issues and programmatic initiatives; obtain an up-close understanding of leadership and decision-making; and be exposed to senior executives in multiple sectors.
This is a full-time, exempt position, and requires occasional domestic travel.
- Draft speeches, briefings, talking points, and messages for the Founder; conduct research and assemble relevant background information, as needed.
- Review and edit speeches, briefings, and articles prepared by others for the Founder to ensure consistency with tone and messaging.
- Help prepare the Founder for all external commitments, including speeches, funder pitches, board meetings, and press interviews; work jointly with program staff, Development, and Communications to manage timelines with multiple moving parts.
- Expertly manage the overall operation of the Office of the Founder:
- Receive and screen communications to the Founder, using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention and, where appropriate, refer to other PolicyLink staff.
- Write/edit general correspondence, including emails and memos, on behalf of the Founder.
- Work closely with and directly supervise the Executive Scheduler to prioritize meeting requests; schedule meetings and appointments; coordinate the Founder’s travel; process expense reimbursements; and delegate other administrative duties.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison on behalf of the Founder with program staff and external contacts; build and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Attend meetings and engagements on behalf of the Founder, as needed/appropriate.
- When requested, staff the Founder at speaking engagements, including assisting with media coordination and logics.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field.
· High intellectual curiosity and interest in learning and continuous development.
· Very strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to distill and clearly convey information about complex topics to a variety of audiences.
· Excellent research and analytical skills.
· Impeccable interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Demonstrated capacity for critical and creative thinking while working independently and within/across teams.
· Exceptional project management, problem solving, and collaboration skills; detail-oriented organizational skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
· Ability to screen, prioritize, and track a consistently high volume of emails.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions regarding time-sensitive or confidential communications.
· Ability to thrive under conflicting deadlines and in a fast‐paced environment where change can be a constant; entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, “can do” attitude.
· Flexibility to work/be reachable before and after hours, and on weekends (as needed).
· Passion for the PolicyLink mission.
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and two writing samples via email to email@example.com. Please include “[Your Name] (Manager-Office of the Founder)” in the subject line of your email.
Position open until filled.
Please note: No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.