600 California Street
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES Give2Asia is a US public charity, which promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia (www.give2asia.org). Give2Asia’s grants are made from contributions and recommendations provided by donors using our personalized US-Asia giving services.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Program, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing strong relationships between Give2Asia and its family and individual donors (clients), with an emphasis on delivering quality service to high-net worth donors and helping to build relationship with donors’ financial and legal advisors. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams (including Give2Asia’s Field Advisors in Asia, Finance, and recipient nonprofit organizations in Asia) to ensure the timely and successful grant making according to client needs. This position may require occasional travel.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who knows how to meet ambitious quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with Give2Asia and our services in the long-run. If you have a flair for client communication, are familiar with the diaspora philanthropy, and are passionate about supporting local community-based nonprofit organizations in Asia, we’d like to meet you!
* Ensure that all grants, regardless of type, have the required due diligence, grant agreement, project description and budget, interim report, final report, and donor reporting
* Manage Asia-based Field Staff to ensure that grants move efficiently and accurately through the grant making process with timely communication to clients
* Review and analyze grantee reports, prepare summaries for donors and record-keeping.
* As needed, maintain strong communication with local organizations in Asia seeking US-based donations through Give2Asia, and guide them through the online fundraising tools.
* Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to family and individual accounts
* Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with clients and customer stakeholders through proactive contact and provision of value-added services, information, and advice that meets and exceeds donor expectations
* Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to clients and internal stakeholders.
* Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
* Ensure timely and successful delivery of Give2Asia services according to client needs and objectives
* Forecast and track key account metrics produce both high-level and detailed grant making analyses, account metrics, and forecasts, adapted to the unique needs of each client
* Continuously analyze existing fund/grant databases and make recommendation for enhancements.
* Recommend and resolve problems, determine system improvements, and initiate and implement corrective actions when necessary.
* Update job knowledge on corporate philanthropy in Asia by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
* Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow Give2Asia’s work with current and prospective clients via in-person meetings, mailings, online education opportunities, and prospect research.
* Solicit projects in need of funding from local nonprofits in Asia that are then presented to potential donors. Project management includes screening project proposals, creating online fundraising pages for projects, coordinating donor outreach efforts, and leading one-on-one donor solicitation efforts.
Additional: Additional special projects may include:
* Enhance department and organization processes by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Manage and provide leadership to Associates
* Optimize database use for client stewardship including client segmentation, data management, and data entry.
* Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry or client events on occasion.
* Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
* Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs, and communicating to all levels of the client ‘s organization, including senior level positions
* Self-motivated and able to thrive in an independent work environment
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Expert at Microsoft Office Suite, Box, and Salesforce
* Preference for candidates who have Mandarin language proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are looking to fill this position quickly and accept applications on a rolling basis